2007 pathfinder towing ?

Balln

Hey guys need a little help here. This is my Plan B that will most likly be happining. Im getting rid of my 88 nissan hardbody (single cab 2 wheel drive short bed pickup lowered) and im trading it for a vw bug thats also hammered more then the truck. If i cant find a deisel to pull it with im looking at using my parents 2007 pathfinder with a v-6 Auto with a towing hitch Not bumper ball mount. I believe the hitch is rated at 3,500lbs. My trip is 186 miles one way all flat dessert roads no big hills. Will my parents pathy have any problems pulling the truck on the trailor? The trailor i plan on using is not quit a car trailor but they use it to haul rhinos and quads to the dunes and its long enuff and wide enuff to fit my truck.

Another option is to rent a U-Haul dolly and it says on there i must remove my drive shaft on the truck is that really necessary to do so?(Truck is hammered and will be a bitch to get under there and and unbolt and re bolt it when i get there so he can test drive it) Or is the U-haul just covering there ass? Never used one before and there web site says that my two trucks pathy and hardbody are not allowed for there car hualer.

Any help and thoughts on these questions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

Ryan

Look at Uhaul's website. They have a 4WD trailer available. I used it to move my rig when I sold the house. It was cheap. Like $59.00 bucks or something. I know it was cheaper then the Gas it would have cost me to drive the Pathy 3 and a half hours. You drive the whole rig up on it.

http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=AT

Edited by Dowser

Hey guys thanks for the help. After talking to my Dad more about it he said when he bought it they bought it with tow package. So it was rated for 6,000 and i went and picked up the uhual and loaded my little Hardbody on it and it squated that pathy pretty good lol. But after talking more with the guy that had the bug he had a pretty crazy story about how he didnt have a title so i backed out of the trade till he can get one.