what oil to use on 97 pathy

Rayy

What is the best oil to use on a 97 pathy?

i don't care if it cost a little more if it is good for the car

i want to know what to use on the whole car (engine, 4x4, brake and more)

if you can post a link to a site with pictures so i can see how it looks that would be fine :)

i want to give the car the best it can get :)

Use any name brand conventional oil you can find on sale and change it out every 4-5k. Any NAPA Gold/Wix, Purolator/Bosch, Motorcraft FL-822 are good filter choices.

I'm on my phone right now but I'll give more options for all other fluids and filters later.

• Manual transmission fluid: Use any GL-4 rated fluid only. GL-5 gear oils contain additives that can be harmful to yellow metals (brass synchros). When a fluid states that it is GL-4 and GL-5 suitable, it is likely referring to use in a differential, not in a manual transmission. While GL-4 fluids can sometimes be difficult to obtain, I would not chance significant transmission damage, especially when the lubricant in question is changed out at relatively lengthy intervals, in order to save a few dollars by using an easily-obtained GL-5 rated lubricant. Redline MT-90 and Amsoil MTG are excellent options suitable for use in our manual transmissions.
  • Differential fluid: Any GL-5 fluid. Mobil 1 75W-90 is a great fluid and can be obtained relatively cheaply from Advance Auto Parts if there is one where you live. You'll need 5 quarts to cover both differentials. Order online using discount code RETMENOT123 then pick up in store and you can get it for $34.95 before tax. I would suggest getting a fluid pump to fill the differentials easier.
  • Brake fluid: Any DOT3, DOT4, or DOT5.1 fluid. Do not use DOT5 which is silicone based and is not miscible with the other DOT fluids. Ethylene glycol based brake fluid (DOT3, DOT4, and DOT5.1) is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. This will reduce the boiling point of the fluid, which may result in brake fade (in which case the brake pedal falls to the floor and you have reduced or no braking) if the fluid boils. The moisure also can result in corrosion and reduced life of brake components. Flush it every 2 years.
  • Power steering fluid: Any synthetic automatic transmission fluid meeting Dexron III or VI specifications. You can change it using a turkey baster (not your wife's!) or a suction gun. Open the reservoir, remove the small filter, then suck most of the fluid out and replace with synthetic ATF. Synthetic ATF will reduce temperatures and provide better cold-weather performance; no longer will your power steering pump groan and moan during those cold starts in the winter months. Clean the small filter using brake cleaner if it has any contaminants on it. Recycle the used power steering fluid at any place that recycles engine oil.
  • Engine coolant: Nissan green OEM fluid, part number 999MP-AF000P (1 gallon undiluted).
  • Grease for driveshafts: any lithium soap base complex grease containing molybdenum disulphide. Valvoline Synpower is easily obtained at most local parts stores and is a synthetic lithium complex grease containing moly.
  • Air filter: NAPA Gold/Wix, Purolator, OEM filters are good choices.
  • Cabin air filter: NAPA Gold or Wix.
  • Fuel filter: NAPA Gold 3023 or Wix 33023.