Rough idle, Missfire and smoke

Leo94

The smokes cleared up now from the oil change but I still need to change my distributor. Apart from that the only other thing is the knock which if it doesn't go away after a while ill have to replace the lifters. Do you have a similar problem with your rig?

I've herd that before but im too scared to let it run too long as i really dont want to ruin the engine. It has around 150 kilometers on the dash so its kinda young. By "too scared to let it run too long" I mean because by the looks of it, it hasn't had much maintenance in its life. It was last registered in 2004 and the po had it in his property for some time just to drive it around and stuff. When I got it it was running on a 8l fuel/oil mixture and i dont know how long it was ran on that, that is what worries me the most :(. I also haven't let it reached operating temperature as i like to do that by driving a car rather than letting it idle and revving it abit but i cant drive it as it isn't currently registered.

Edited by Leo94

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen several videos on youtube on other cars that have a knock which turned out to be the exhaust. I have heard valve noise before after hearing the nissan again i am now certain my nissan doesnt have that. My question is if the engine is cold and the manifold is cracked will it move slightly when the engine is running? If i touch it when the engine is cold and running will i feel the knock on the manifold that is cracked or is it too small to be noticed? There is a chance it could be the bearings but i really don't want to change them or change them and find out it was the exhaust although i will change them if need be. But i also don't want to change the manifold, snap a stud, replace it and find out its something else. Is there a way i can know for sure that it is the manifold/stud. For the record this is on the passenger side bank (RHD) so the side with the distributor.

• 4 years later...