R50 conversion, old body style, to face lifted, please help.

ferrariowner123

I know it can be done, please don't crush my dreams! :laugh:

I want the look of the updated pathfinder (01(ish)-04) on my 96

I just need a few willing volunteers, willing to take SEVERAL pictures of their mounting points for their frobt and rear fascia's of the face lifted pathfinder

This will allow me to determine how much fab needs to be done.

Since its just a face update, i have no doubt in my mind, that with the parts, everything should bolt right up to my 96.

So if i could get some in depth pictures of the mounting points for the rear bumper, that would be where i'd like to start first.

And then gradually move the sides and front fascia.

Eventually i will have everything including the front and rear lights, bumpers, hood, front quarters, and lower valence area.

Any and all aid in this project will be greatly appreciated.

-Kyle

P.S. i hope this is in the right section.

Edited by ferrariowner123

Hi, yes it can be done, my best friend has done this to his. looks way different. And it should be pretty straight forward. As he only took a couple of days. Truck had a frontend impact. so they did the swap. was cheaper to "upgrade" than to do it stock again. :sly:

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

Did anything ever come of this? I've just bought a 96 with a smacked-up front end and it makes sense to replace all of the parts that I have to replace anyway with facelift parts. I'd sure like to know more about this, if any of you got anywhere with it..

Thanks!

what pictures do u need i have both pathys side by side and can do a compare and contrast i dont wanna take amything apart but i am gonna paint both there grills black so anything i can do let me know?

It would be very helpful to know if the fenders are the same where the marker light recesses are, and if the hoods are the same dimensions and the latch is in essentially the same spot..

Thank you very much

hood is different has the bulge on it to match the grill corners i believe are the same but ill double check tonight

Perfect, thanks. The parts that I need to replace are the hood, the grille, the bumper fill strip, the bumper, and one headlight. It totally makes sense to update as long as the old fenders fit the new hood and lights.

Many thanks

• 4 months later...

Hey guys its easy to do the swap... My friend and I did the swap with no problem at all... just buy the parts and swap them out. We changed the hood (has the buldge) front bumper grille and headlights with side markers. IIRC you have to change the bumper bar aswell.. everything went staright on. no welding no nothing. hope that helps

I believe the fenders are a little different ... aren't they?

fenders are the same... OVERfenders are not.. the newer ones are more rounder or more close to the body they dont "pop" out that much and i believe they have a little rubber lip around it between the overfender and body

I got somethings mixed up...The thing is that when We were doing the face lift , when we went to buy the parts we noticed that the parts of the face lift were going to come out cheaper than buying the original. And how he wanted the facelift we went ahead and got the hood,grill,lights,bumper and bumper bar. The over fenders we left the originals . Everything bolted on. We took a day to do it due to the fact that he had a front end impact and had to pull some things. but after that everything went smoothly. Hope that helps.

I'll see if I could take some recent pics of it later on today because the pics that I have of it right now are from another front end hit... :thumbsdown: he likes hitting things, but this time some dude ate the red light and hit him on the side... :angry:

Edited by WyKi

2012-05-02_17-42-05_576.jpg2012-05-02_17-42-49_130.jpg
2012-05-02_17-41-44_558.jpg
2012-05-02_17-41-17_510.jpg

I'll see if I could take a back pic of ti as its not possible to see the difference from the front if its a "older" one... from the rear end you could due to the bumper and taillights...

Thanks Kyle.. the hood, fenders and lights/grille were saved... what ended up cracked/broken was the front bumper and the left trim under the left headlight... he was in luck... new shock/strut and tierods/control arm. And ofcourse, I'm glad to help if anything.. let me know....

• Like 1