need some help please

p51speed

aharbOdy is right I went to the dealer. the part number is 16391-12G00 just call it in. word of cautiion though mine was Insane to get out so have patience , but it fixed my problem ( as far as I know) . lol anyway I posted some pics in the gallery so you all can take a look at it .

And to anyone interested I'm looking for a light bar so if anyone local wants to trade for some tattoo work :) let me know . thanks again for everyones help so far

ok next question. my headlights work fine but when i put the high beems on only the passenger side high beem turns on. I swaped the bulb on the drivers side but it still doesnt work . any idea on whats causing th high beem on the driver side to Not work?

bad wire to the high beam plug, easiest fix would be to run a jumper wire from the working high beam across to the non working one, unless you feel like tracing the non working high beam wire back in the harness.

Also check the contacts in the plug to make sure they are clean. If you have a test light probe the wire on the back side of the plug.

On the subject of the 'wax element'; I just came from my local dealer, who is usually quite knowledgeable and fair with most prices etc.. He couldn't match up that part number : 16391-12G00 with Nissan. He had one in stock which was similar as a whole assy, but not just the wax element. The price for the entire assy was around $ 200.00.

My question is, was the part number listed above the whole part number, or only part of it? And what was the price, name of the dealer you bought the element at?

Thanks,

Find another dealer because they don't know what they are talking about, or they wanted to try to sell you the whole part, just looked up that part number on an online dealer and it came up as this:

Part Number 1639112G00 Part Name THERMO ELE KIT MSRP $86.60 Core $0.00 Online Price $63.65

I just looked, and this refferences a 2000 Frontier with the 4 cyclinder. I thought P51 Speed owns an 87 Pathy XE ? Did you have to look under a different model and engine to source the wax element?

KM

the part number i gave you was the part number on the nissan box that i got from maita nissan here in sacramento , it was $97.00 +tax . thats weird that he couldn't find it . if you want call MAITA NISSAN here in sacramento Ca ,(916) 486-8743 . and ask for the parts department im sure he will know what it is .

2012-08-10_14-03-19_291.jpg

Edited by p51speed

I just called the dealer in Sacramento to verify, and yes you are correct sir. And my local dealer source is once again....worthless, and a lazy putzz ! lol.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated : )

KM

not a problem glad I could help for once lol instead of sponging info from you guys . OH truck update . JB weld is holding . fires up nice , idles at 1100 rpms warms up drops to about 750-800 rpms when i put it in (D) it drops to about 650-700 rpms. thanks again guys for your usefull intel . next project the muffler , which I have discoverd has a 3 small holes in it.

i did replace the part lol but the problem was the wax element that was the old was so siezed in there that I had to use a drill and a hacksaw to cut it out trying my best to not damage the housing BUT :( I acidently drilled a bit of the side where the new part when in and it started leaking coolant from where it should not have been , so I pulled it jb welled the crap out of it and reinstalled then waited for it to dry , over night , fired it up this morning and no leaks works great , im happy.

p51speed

I just ordered the wax element from the same guy you mentioned. Now before I tear into this project, can you explain how to get the housing off the Throttle body, and how you removed the wax element from the housing you drilled and sawed through, as so I don't make the same mistake P... !

It would be greatly appreciated.

not a problem first take off the aircleaner and disconnect the hoses attached, find somthing to hold the spring back that the wax element is attached to and unscrew the three screws, DO NOT LOSE THE THREE BLACK SPACERS sorry it was important . anyway i was told that the wax element would pull out I however found out that was easier said then done. all I was told buy the nissan dealer was to get the part out anyway i could with out damaging the housing . if you need more help I will go take pictures of my truck for you if you think it will help

p51speed

I just recieved the element from the dealer. If you could supply photo's that would be much appreciated. I wound up paying through the nose for this part, and don't want to muck it up installing it, or removing the old one !

Thank again,

KM