What were you driving in 1987 (if you were old enough to drive) ?

ahardb0dy

well lets see depending on the weather either a 1970 R5 350 Yamaha slightly modded, or my 69 CJ5 350 chevy 4spd muncie 3.73 gears micky thompson white spokers with 11.15 trutracks Rancho springs and a warn 8000 on the front.

LOL my wilder days

edit to add

if it don't say willys on the tailgate it ain't a Jeep

Edited by vagabond

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wasn't driving, but the family had a maroon, 4-door Olds Delta 88 and a late-70's, 4-door green Toyota Corolla wagon with a stick shift. Looked like these, only much more beat-up since they had age on them when we had them:

84-Delta-88-Royale-Brougham-800x349.jpg

001.jpg

• Like 1

Damn..for me it must have been my go-kart or Mongoose bmx....Redline flight 175 3 piece cranks and bearclaw pedals that liked to dig into your shins occasionally....had a number plate too...hehe..

GT Dyno in long, 165mm cranks, 24" wheels, chromed with number plate

1984 Buick something... it was crap and dad's only car after the Datsun 210.

Rossingol 145 alpine skiis with Salomon bindings cranked up to 10 DIN.... a.k.a.: the knee-breakers....for slalom... and dicing fingers!

Edited by SpecialWarr

At the beginning of the year, I was driving an American Motors/Renault POS like this, only in white.

renault-alliance-03.jpg

By the end of the year, I was driving a Nissan Sentra sedan like this, only mine was brown.

F5E9D6F4-42E7-4BFB-8F3F-C43C4DB00582_9.j

My car was a 75 cutlass 442, drove it from 83/89. Wish I still had her. Black on black beauty! I was driving it to school for Jr high and high school. It won the state high school drag races three years in a row. I don't miss all the transmissions I blew up. But hey young and stupid.

Not even a stain on the upholstery!

seeing all you youngsters posting , I'm old !! LOL I started this thread and chose 1987 as that was the year I bought my hardbody brand new.

I was in college that year.

Man, there are a lot of kids here!!

My car was a 75 cutlass 442, drove it from 83/89. Wish I still had her. Black on black beauty! I was driving it to school for Jr high and high school. It won the state high school drag races three years in a row. I don't miss all the transmissions I blew up. But hey young and stupid.

I've always loved those! If I could pick one 70's car, the Olds 442 convert would be one of the top 10.

B

In 1987 I was driving a 1973 Chevy "Heavy Half" long bed pickup with a 350 and 3 on the tree. Smog laden no power 2 barrel carb. That all changed, moved the shifter to the floor, kept the 3 spd, added an Erson cam, hooker headers, edelbrock intake and a Holley carb. Yea, I ditched ALL of the emmisions of the day and dame that truck woke up. It'd sure boogie for a big ol pickup. 15x10 wagon wheels on all four corners and cooper short wides. Frigidaire white, mustang bucket seats and an "Igloo' 36 quart center console. Oh, can't forget the sliding glass back window and gunrack. Yes, I'm redneck and proud of it. ::yeehaa::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

302, good motor! For the time anyaway. Now that I think about it, in 1987 I also had one of these...

1978_suzuki_gs550e_custom_750_engine_1_l

Funny it was almost exactly like that one, a 1978 Suzuki 550E. The E meant mag wheels and rear disk brake, and I put a 1/4 faring on it and a Yoshimura 4:1 header/stinger combo.

Great, bulletproof bike that flat tracked on fire roads and got 45mpg on the freeway. I really wish that woman didn't pull in front of me, for several reasons...

B