What were you driving in 1987 (if you were old enough to drive) ?

ahardb0dy

looks like the predecessor to the Z24 cavalier

So glad you posted your observation. I had removed my "Citation" badge on the front fender before getting my $200 Earl Scheib black paint job (20% limo tint to boot!) and actually took pride in the fact that nobody knew what I drove! It was actually cooler to let people think it was a Cavalier. whew.gif

really? Had to edit this post to correct the name "Earl Scheib"?

Edited by devonianwalk

the X-11 pic looks like a Z24, I liked the first ones that came out when they were square. My ex-wife bought a brand new 87 model, Z24, I liked the cowl hood that actually fed air into the top of the air cleaner, I put some BFG HR +4 tires on it when they first came out ( think that is what they were), I could take an on ramp at 80 and keep the tires right on the white line, no tire squeal or anything. I had to remove the front air dam as it was hitting everything. Her car was an electric blue color, think I have a pic of it:

can't find the pic but this is what her's looked like same color too:

w976ns.jpg

Any pics of that Patrol?

Here's a recent one:

2012-03-07_14-52-40_431.jpg

I sold it to a friend a few months ago. Silverton helped me drag it off my property in Belfair so it could be loaded on the slidebed for the trip to Seattle. It currently sits in my front yard until my friend makes room for it at his shop. There are 102 pics of it here, in case you're really bored: http://s284.photobuc... Nissan Patrol/

Hmmm easy one.... i got the old family car.... a 1973 Datsun 510 wagon with 500k on the clock.... I miss that car, as a month after getting it I flipped it!

Woohoo! 510 love FTW! :aok:

The AMC Gremlin was an amazing car for its time and way ahead of it too. There was nothing quite like it at the time. Probably an inspiration for all the modern hatch backs.

Guest pathyrider

I absolutely loved my Gremlin! It was really fun to drive. My dad even got me the cool Gremlin logo gas cap.

Edited by pathyrider

Ah, but what would that '66 be worth today...

I paid $900 for it in 1986 (Alaska prices). I see old C10's that are in the same shape mine was in for about $1700 to $2000 on CL here in Texas

:doh: But was it consentual?? Wait, TMI TMI!!!

You've talked aboot that Fury enough, but finally a pic. What happen to it?

The tranny went out on the freeway and I coasted it off and parked it. It got towed before I could do anything about it (a buddy noticed a tag on it but was to lazy/stupid to call me) and when the tow place said I owed them $300, I informed them they were now a proud owner of a broken down Fury. I was a broke college student with little mechanical knowledge and no place to work on it, not to mention it needed a new carb in addition to a tranny. I do miss it though, and if I ever saw a decent presmog version, I'd buy it. Really reliable, decent gas mileage (about the same as a stock WD21) and room for 11.

The Gremlin's brother, AMC Pacer, on the other hand was pretty hilarious. I like both of those cars though. They are something else and something special.

The AMC Pacer was built with a lot of 'extra' parts, and some wound up with the same 360v8 and 727torqueflite as was in my Fury. Say what you will about the Rolling Terrarium, but it would smoke the majority of vehicles on the road with that set up (which was also used in full sized trucks). Damn, they look Gods awful though!

B

My first was in '89. I bought it for $500 when I was eighteen. It was an abomination made by General Motors that Chevrolet titled "Citation".

X bodies!!!!!

NOOOOO!!!!!

RUNAWAY!!!!!