Need some info on a set of wheels

brix542

You can measure backspace yourself. Its pretty easy. Its gonna be hard for anyone to tell you anything more about those without knowing who made them. Saw blade wheels have been around forever and manufactured by a lot of different companies in a lot of different sizes, widths, offsets etc.

Well ive found out what they are. American Racing AR-26 rims. Aluminum, 15x8, 3-3.5" backspacing i believe and discontinued. Would these fit on my pathy without too much rubbing issue? Price seems to be perdy good to me.

Yes, they should fit but will stick out a little more. The rubbing is more dependent on the size of tire; as long as you stay with 31" tires (and your suspension isn't sagged), I doubt there will much issue, and even then at full lock. You always have the option of massaging the fenders a little and/or readjusting the stops...

B

I got em for 50 bucks and a cb whip with mount and spring. Got em mounted with my 31x10.50 bighorns and they rub a lil at full lock. Should be easy enough to fix. Just about a quarter or half inch off the front and back corners of the front fenders. Only problem is that they are all rims for the passenger side of the truck so the "blades" on the drivers side spin opposite of the passenger side.

:rofl: Sorry Bud, but they are all like that, there are no passenger or driver side differences. You are expected not to notice and be distracted by the shiney... :D

Good deal though! Try adjusting the T-bars (if you haven't already), it make the difference.

B

This goes to show ya cant trust everything ya read. Found it when looking for info on em and it made sense. Thanks though. Glad to know thats how it was from the day they were made. Havnt looked at the t-bars yet. Helped the boy i got em from mount a toolbox and the whip on his yota after i got em mounted. Soon as i get a chance il raise em up some. I need to anyways to level out the truck. Bout a half a inch difference from front to back.

Maybe there are some top end wheels that you can buy left and right side versions for custom street rods or something like that, but all of the ones I have seen around on 'normal' vehicles are uni-directional.

If you had left and right sides with a matching spare, it would get all screwed when you rotated the tires.

FYI, the pathy isn't supposed to be level. The front is a little lower from the factory and I have heard it helps with handling and/or braking but I'm not certain of either. It might be so that when you put 400 pounds of gear in the back and people in the back seat you don't have a saggy arse. :shrug:

Most people run the front end 1/2"+ lower but I certainly don't see any harm in leveling it either. Personal perference...

B

Hey quick question I just upgraded my tires from 235/75/15 to 31x10.5 and I'm reading you can up the front by the "t-bars" what is this so call "t-bar" noob over here lol how would you lift the front end? Any photos of where this is would be awesome. Thanks in adavage!

I think most of the American Racing wheels had the 3.5" back spacing. We used to deal with them directly at the 4x4 shop I worked with, good guys. They even took my centerlines when I was selling them and polished them for me. I had ordered the centerlines with a 5 " backspacing so the tires would not stick out, but I was running 35's at the time.

Nice186- 31x10.50s on stock rims orta fit fine. The bighorns i have now are my second set of mts on a stock pathy. First was some nexens. Both didnt scrub. Only reason they scrub now is cause my new wheels offset is different. But if your front has sagged bad you might need to crank your t-bars. Which are torsion bars. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/27538-front-torsion-bars-and-adjustment/page__p__513421__hl__+how-to%20+crank%20+tbars?do=findComment&comment=513421. That thread shows you how to adjust them. You can also reindex them if you dont have enough. Theres a thread on how to do that in the garage section

hardbody- Im not quite sure. I got 3.25-3.5" when i measured em.

• Like 1

Nice186- 31x10.50s on stock rims orta fit fine. The bighorns i have now are my second set of mts on a stock pathy. First was some nexens. Both didnt scrub. Only reason they scrub now is cause my new wheels offset is different. But if your front has sagged bad you might need to crank your t-bars. Which are torsion bars. http://www.nissanpat...ars#entry513421. That thread shows you how to adjust them. You can also reindex them if you dont have enough. Theres a thread on how to do that in the garage section

hardbody- Im not quite sure. I got 3.25-3.5" when i measured em.

thanks for the info but i have aftermarket cragar D window rims with a i think 4" backspacing if im correct. it rubbed on the front fenders so i trimmed the front but now the back of the front fenders are touching and that's part of the frame so i cant trim that unless i lift my truck(stock height) so maybe reindex the t-bars might fix this. thanks for the link!

• 4 weeks later...

Im really liking em. They are lighter then my old rims and the stance on her now is perdy agressive looking. Plus they just look good on mine. I still gotta crank the t-bars a lil to stop the scrubbing. Hopefully will happen this week. Got full access to a 4 bay garage mon.-thurs. for 2 hours each night. Only gotta supply parts. Best part is im getting college credit for working on cars. Hardly any book work in the 2 classes.

Ok if I remember my back spacing correctly I also have a 3.5" back spacing. I'm also running 31s. I eventually trimmed quite a bit of my fenders but at first I only trimmed the fender flares and a small amount of metal. I was still having issues with the tires rubbing when pulling into a driveway where the wheel is turned and the suspension compresses. Eventually after smashing up my driver fender twice during very had landings I did some major trimming. The tires stick out to much and caught the fender lip and smashed the fender. If you look closely at the picture below you'll see how much I cut off the door side of the fender. You can also see how much I cut off the front. I basically used the fender flares as a template. I cut the fenders on the top edge of the fender flares and then lopped the corners off. The down fall of doing this is that you have to remove the plastic inner fender well. If you live in a rust prone area like I do now this will be a problem. It exposes your door hinges and door stop. You'll have to keep them clean and well oiled to avoid issues. You'll also need to protect the inside of the fender with something. Spraying it with undercoat should do the trick. I haven't rubbed a tire since this last trim.

416605_10150907653448087_732603086_9752398_1822449728_o.jpg