Adverse affects on making a smooth cowl panel?

nunya

First off, I'm not looking for opinions on if anyone likes the idea or not as I don't care on that front. My thoughts are though that I have a few extra wiper cowl panels so maby screwing off with one and making a smooth one without the plastic vent covers. How much affect you think there would be on having basically no cowl?

Again, I don't care about image opinions nor do I want to see them, just thought's on ACTUAL affects to the truck itself.

Ahh yes, the fresh air setting. I knew there was something I was overlooking. I like that setting so fully smooth is out if the question now and the drawling board and pile of random pieces comes out... This is why I asked and not jus did, thanks :beer:

The cowl does have two relatively large drains into the fenders. If you blocked the inlet grilles air would still be available through these but you'd likely have to run the fan at a faster speed to get the same airflow you do now. The air would also be a lot less clean if you drive the kind of places that I do. The cowl in front of the windshield has the highest air pressure when the vehicle is in motion. This is why air for the interior almost always comes from there, it's already pressurized and flows freely into the cockpit.

do a smooth cowl with a Chevy style Cowl induction scoop, down and closed most of the time, vacuum operated to open when you want the fresh air to come in. Like Chevy designed it to pull the air from the base of the windshield

Edited by ahardb0dy

You could have little hinged covers on them. My '59 Triumph has a little cover in the middle of the cowl that flips up when I move a lever. I've thought at least once that having two little cowl flaps on the WD would be pretty sweet... might not even have to turn the fan on. :D And if you used a throttle cable or something, you might even be able to hook it to the recirc/fresh lever.

Well, I for one think that is a silly idea!! P...

How would one's fan housing catch on fire if the debris couldn't get in? :unsure:

Be really slick and make a solid set that you can open at will to scoop air, as others have mentioned.

Pink. Definitely Pink.

B