Eliminating the rubber bushings on the IFS compression rods

OK maybe you can go back but it sure won't be easy. I am really not comfortable with the idea of welding the entire bracket on either. There is almost no way to get it to align back exactly as the factory has done it. At least not that I know off...

Completely agree and understand with the above posts, I'm still keen as once you're confident that it'll work and be reliable :) the way I see it is that it is a hell of a lot better than the standard set up..

Hurry and beat the hell out of these. I want to see some video of you wheelin through a rock bed over and over and over again for a few months lol. I've been thinking about this since the first time I replaced the bushings. Even more so during the 2nd time I replaced them. And oh boy would I like to have these because I'm due to replace them once again! Sure I've beat on them pretty hard but this is too much. Both are split yet again. I'm pretty sure that happened during the "incident" that took place the last time I went wheelin...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They look great. I used a similar design back in the day with a 2wd class 7s truck.It held up to all the abuse i could give it. I replaced my bushings but I need to redue them cause the factory holes are bugged out. I plan to just open the hole up a bit and insert a pipe "slice" the size needed to fit the tension rods. and weld in place. If these become avalible i would be most interested. Thanks for your hard work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You could just do a SAS, but I might be a little biased lol. Nice work. This problem was a contributing factor in my decision to SAS my rig. The whole front end was, as far as rubber components go, just haggard.