Stupid Speedo...

nztim

So... I had fixed my speedo the other week using the hair dryer method which was great until the sunny day yesterday where the speedo went right back to where it was before.

Now to my question... Im gunna head to the wreckers tomorrow to try find a speed needle in alright condition seeing as I know mine will just pop off without any hastles. If I cannot find the correct speedo needle, are they a generic fit? will a speedo needle of something more common and stable say a honda or a nissan skyline fit on the existing motor in the cluster?

Would love to know if you have had experience with this or if you know of any models that would fit?

If i find one I will let you know too...

Skyline's are common where you are??? send a few over to me !! LOL, I would think any needle from an equivalent year range Nissan may work, I wouldn't even bother looking at honduhs

Skyline's are common where you are??? send a few over to me !! LOL, I would think any needle from an equivalent year range Nissan may work, I wouldn't even bother looking at honduhs

There are heaps of skylines here, only problem is trying to buy parts for the rear left of the car (as we are right hand drive) cause all the want to be drifters smash them into powerpoles, haha.

Sweet will keep and eye out. do you reckon they need to be a certain weight or balance?

Edited by nztim

Or make one out of a zip tie or little sandwich sword :lol:

Haha sandwich sword would be awesome! but would have no idea where to get one here

So i managed to find a newer terrano cluster in the wreckers. was too new to mount without rewiring. but i grabbed the needles off it. i had to make a sleeve for the.shaft but now i have a working speedo with cool red needles