Changed oil, it was a little thinner than normal and smelled slightly of gas. Injector o-rings? Good power, burns no oil..vg33e swap

Nefarious

Hey everyone. I was a little late on my oil change last time and I started hearing my lifters a little on acceleration. As soon as I heard it I went home and changed my oil and when it drained out, it was thinner than normal and smelled slightly of gas. Normal colour for old oil just thinner and smelly. I put in some fresh 5x30. My dipstick was full, my vg33e swapped motor doesn't burn a drop of oil, so I'm assuming I don't have bad rings or anything, the motor feels strong.

I did use the original injector o-rings when I swapped over the vg30e fuel rail to the vg33e lower manifold, is it possible for fuel to get into the oil from leaking o-rings?? My truck was running pretty rich when I first did the vg33e swap it took the old vg30e ecu a while to relearn the new engine (also added headers/intake/exhaust at the same time so it was a big change from the stock vg30e with cracked exhaust manifold, lol). It doesn't seem like its burning too rich now though.

Just looking for opinions before I tear the upper manifold down again! thanks

Mine too smelled like gas the last oil change... chalked it down to I think a leaky injector which is causing my miss every once in a while... couldn't get it fixed... but changed the oil. Haven't checked it since. But almost time to do another...

No it's not burning any oil, well not enough to notice it go down the last 8000km or so anyways. You know I have a slight miss as well, mostly noticeable on deceleration. When you say leaky, do you mean the o-ring seal, or the injector itself is shot??

Edited by Nefarious

I mean seal wise..maybe one is leaking down past the Injector..though it is possible the injector is sticking open but usually you'd see a code.

Maybe start by checking resistance on all injectors and see if you can find an odd one out?

Edited by NissanNismoZ

ok thanks just wanted to get some heads up before i pull everything apart. seriously thinking about that phenolic spacer while i'm at it to lower intake temps. I'll order a new set of injector o-rings as well. thanks for the heads up boys (and girls).