Did every 1994 SE come with automatic locking hubs?

jwblue

The users manual does give instructions for manual locking hubs. However, according to the sales brochure I have

every 4 x 4 trim that year has automatic locking hubs.

Edited by jwblue

Every WD21 Pathfinder sold in North America, as far as I know it, came with automatic hubs. And I'll even go out on a limb and say every WD21 in the world, has auto hubs from the factory. It's the D21's that were optioned with manual hubs.

Edited by silverton

Every WD21 Pathfinder sold in North America, as far as I know it, came with automatic hubs. And I'll even go out on a limb and say every WD21 in the world, has auto hubs from the factory. It's the D21's that were optioned with manual hubs.

This. As much as a WD21 cost, I think they wanted people to think of auto hubs as a luxury. So when you were sipping your cappuccino in a brutal snowstorm you didn't have to get out and lock your hubs. I've never even seen a V6 D21 that has manual hubs (that I assume is still stock from the factory anyway), not to say they didnt. I've only ever seen the 4 cylinder models. I think thats part of why its rare to find a set of factory manual hubs.

IIRC 4 cyl trucks have manuals from the factory (I swear a wd21 I looked at once that had a KA in it had factory manuals, and all my 4x HBs were 4 cyl equipped and had them) 3.0 trucks were all auto hubs though factory HB & wd21s

My 94 SEV6 HB had auto hubs from the factory, but I think it has to do more with the trim level than the engine.

To answer the actual question, it is certain enough to say that all Pathfinders came with Auto-locking hubs. I have seen probably 200 Pathfinders in junkyards and out on the road. Never, ever seen manual locking hubs on them. From the factory or otherwise.

What DID come with manual locking hubs were most (or all) of the 4cyl HBs and probably some of the V6s.

Think about this: if ONLY the 4cyl HBs ever came with the manual locking hubs, then I think they would be much harder to find. Only from 94-97 did 4cyl HBs have 28spline hubs, from 86-93, they had 27 spline. The majority of Pathfinders are 28 spline.

I believe that the XEV6 HBs probably had manual locking hubs if the extra option of auto-locking hubs wasn't ordered.

Manual locking hubs are in the manual to be more efficient. There is no point in removing that page and customizing the owner's manual.

I've called 40 (at least) different junkyards. No V6 Hardbody yet has had manual hubs, all auto. You have to also figure in that every 96-97 Hardbody was a 4 cylinder. There is no 96-97 V6 Hardbody, 2WD or 4WD. So there is an extra surplus of 4 cylinder models those 2 years with the 28 spline hubs.

V6 hard bodies had to have been optioned with manual hubs. But how many people bought them to be true off roading trucks? Automatic hubs are just easier for people that daily drive and don't need 4 wheel drive often.

Xterra's also came with auto and manual hub options. Check the sig ;)

I've called 40 (at least) different junkyards. No V6 Hardbody yet has had manual hubs, all auto. You have to also figure in that every 96-97 Hardbody was a 4 cylinder. There is no 96-97 V6 Hardbody, 2WD or 4WD. So there is an extra surplus of 4 cylinder models those 2 years with the 28 spline hubs.

jeez..you called 40 different junkyards and had them check for manual hubs?

Y U so butthurt over some manual hubs?

Yeah, I know. I installed a set of Nissan OEM manual locking hubs on my truck. They are definitely robust to say the least.

For most people, autos are fine in the snow. Even light wheeling. Then some people upgrade to manual hubs. 90% of 4x4 vehicles with manual hubs have warns. With that being said, I'm not going to spend $200-300 or whatever Warn wants for some manual hubs. Not when I can wait it out a few months and snag some Nissan OEMs from a JY for like $20 a piece at most.

Well, this strategy doesn't seem to work for Trogdor.

http://www.ebay.com/...r#ht_500wt_1198 This guy wants $77 for very clean hubs. That's a bit less than what I paid for mine.

Edited by 1994SEV6

The locking hub pictured is going to be a 27 spline. possibly 26, not sure when Nissan made the switch to 27, but 84 seems pretty old. 27 for sure fits 87-92 pathfinders.

Shhhh. That's why I was trying to lure him into my trap.