Radiator drop down kit

Well I bought the radiator drop down kit and I didn't get any directions with it...

I can't seem to find anybody who did it on here.. Can somebody give me an idea as to what I'm supposed to do?

sell it :lol:

seriously I think ahardb0dy said something before about using one on his old HB he used to have, otherwise all i can think of off hand is people buying them and not using them :shrug:

On the fan shroud, can't you just pull out the piece at the bottom that clips in? Or do you still need to cut to give clearance. The E-fan is a major wiring effort.

My friend did it (radiator drop) to his Frontier. He's gonna try to get me some pics later today. I'll post them up for you. I don't know how similar they are, but maybe will give you and idea. You could try asking on the NOAS forum also.

Edited by andreus009

Upper radiator mounts. Top bracket is factory. The spacer is a simple 2x3 aluminum square tub cut about 1.5 inches wide and used as a spacer

photo1.jpg

Lower bracket. It is a stamped steel piece bent with 2 90* bends to allow it to

bolt to top of frame where radiator originally sat then drops 3 inches and

allows for radiator to lock into place. Steel is about 1/8 inch thick. All

pieces upper and lower could easily be fabricated with simple tools.

photo2.jpg

Well, these pics and description are courtesy of my friend (thanks John) and his Frontier. I believe the pathfinder set-up was/is very similar.

Edited by andreus009

I think the top bracket I used with the trailmaster kit I had in my 87 hardbody used a flat bracket that bolted to the stock bracket and than bolted to the radiator mount using the factory rubber spacer. My lower drop bracket looked just like the one in the pic above. Originally we just flipped the top mounts upside down and that seemed to work good as well.

I can't remember if the bottom gets cut or not, it seems it would need to be as just laying the bracket over the original mount would move the radiator closer to the engine.

• 2 years later...