Small Block Chevy Swap worth it?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes, this is awesome! Are there any pictures of the whole truck? Any updates? Crazy build, it looks amazing man!

The T56 upgrade will come a bit later as that's a major conversion (which is not very common) so there's more research before moving ahead with that. Been keeping my eyes out for a good priced T56 or T56 Magnum.

I've started on the doubler, and the plan is to get it working with the 4L60E that's currently in the truck. That requires a few special parts/modifications, as the 4L60E has a custom 30 spline output shaft, and machining on the input shaft and related parts of front reduction of the doubler is needed.

Am going to twin stick the NP205, and have started the tear down and will be looking a replacing any worn parts, gaskets while I'm at it.

Am also almost ready to do the "coil on plug" (no more distributor) conversion on the LT1 in the next couple months.

So lots in the works, but finding or making time to work on this has been a challenge.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to do this when time to replace engine. First plan was to get it started with wheeling equipment. What kind of mileage do you get? I use mine as commuter and play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Found this online re mileage for an 88 Pathfinder with the 3.0

• fuel consumption and mileage: 14/18 mpg (U.S.)
  • 2389 cm3 / 145.5 cui, advertised power: 145 hp

I can say that the LT1 (when driven lightly) gets better than 14 mpg in town.

With close to same mpg, but an extra (approx) 200 plus HP and about the same amount of ft lbs torque increase, is there any question as to the answer for the title of this thread?

Update re doubler - just waiting for the machine work to be done on the input shaft for the NP241.

Edited by V8path
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn crazy build! Any pics on her at full flex yet?

No pics yet, but during the test stage of the build, had no trouble getting tons of flex from the 14" coilovers. I know "big flex" is a wow factor for a lot of guys here, but my main goal was an all around road/trail rig, so I didn't take pics, and it was before being a NPORA member.

Have been using her as a daily driver for about a year, and started to get into shock tuning (the coilovers). This is opening to whole new world to handling and just took her off the road (for a few months) to play with that, and I've started to do the ignition conversion (with the LSM PCM) mentioned a while back in this thread.

The doubler is on hold for a bit while I get the shock tuning and the PCM conversion done (along with a few other torque increasing goodies - plan is to up torque to approx. 450 lbs.)

I try and get more pics up when done.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...