Starter for 1994 Pathfinder

Hi everyone... I am new to this website and forum. Very glad to be able to join. I have a 1994 Pathfinder SE with 210K miles and it's been my baby for a while. Just this week, I think my starter motor finally gave out and I am in the process of buying a replacement. Does anyone recommend a certain brand that they would use? Kragen/O'Reilly sells a remanufactured one for $85 with a lifetime warranty, but I have also seen Bosch and Denso brands online for twice as much even though they have also been remanufactured. Any advantage to buying a more expensive one?

I have bad luck with starters, went thru 2 in one week on my old hardbody, 3rd one lasted until I traded the truck in, I recommend Beck-Arnley or OEM, always have problems with local rebuilt units. I just replaced the starter in my 94 PF in January and it is acting up again now.

With aftermarket and/or remanufactured, it can be hit and miss.

My last one came from Schucks (now O'Reilly's) and I've had little problems with it. Don't remember the brand now, but it's a forever warranty unit, which gives you that warm & fuzzy feeling about never having to buy a new one. But sometimes having to replacing them over and over, even when the parts are free, makes you wonder if it's really worth it.

Now as I said I've had a good experience with this one, but I've also had lifetime parts (starters included) that I have had to replace often.

I would rather pay more ( which I did on my 3rd starter for the hardbody) than pay less and have a lifetime warranty and have to remove the starter more often, (not always the case I'm sure some have had good luck with the cheaper ones, not me), as I said in other reply, when I had the hardbody the starter quit, bought the first one, local rebuilt unit, lasted THREE DAYS !!!, pulled it took it back to the store got another one, installed it, lasted ONE WEEK !!!, again pulled it, started getting real good and fast at removing and installing the starter !! Body lift sure helped, took it back to the store and my buddy (who owns the store) tells me " I can sell you a Beck Arnley starter for $50 more", so I was like well why didn't you tell me that to begin with !!!, bought the Beck Arnley starter, installed it and it was in the truck when I traded it in a few years later, never had any issues with it.

So that's my opinion and advice. Oh, one other thing, lifetime warranty's are fine but if you return the same part a couple times some stores won't give you a replacement part anymore, happened with my AC compressor for my sentra, the store replaced it twice than said they couldn't replace it anymore, so, so much for lifetime warranty !!

Just a note: I never did like the location of the starter on the V6, as it sits just below the oil filter - I always make it a point to cover up the starter with an old plastic bag when I change the oil filter so that the old oil doesn't spill all over the starter