Drum to Disc

I was thinking about this a while ago. Since the LE WD21's came with discs, it seems to me that it would be a good idea to find one of those H233B axles and swap it in. However, I don't know if the linkages would be the same, and I'm not sure you could get the ABS to work. But, the older axle would also give you a greater selection for lockers if you decide to go that route, also. I haven't done much research into the swap, but it seems like it would be a viable option B)

Unless you have access to a cheap wrecked R50 Pathy with a good rear disc axle, it'll be really spendy. Swapping the whole rear axle is probably the easiest way, but it sure won't be cheap.

Did they make R50's with disc brakes?

I was thinking about this a while ago. Since the LE WD21's came with discs, it seems to me that it would be a good idea to find one of those H233B axles and swap it in. However, I don't know if the linkages would be the same, and I'm not sure you could get the ABS to work. But, the older axle would also give you a greater selection for lockers if you decide to go that route, also. I haven't done much research into the swap, but it seems like it would be a viable option B)

im interested in the same swap, i actualy found a Pathfinder excatly like mine cept it was a 93 and it has the axle i wanted with disks, but the guy selling it for parts wouldnt sell me the da*m axle :furious: he wanted 1500 for the whole rig, and all i really needed was the hood and left fender and axle. eventualy ill do more research on it when i get rid of this disease called being poor :(