3.0 Distributor Work in a 3.3?

Hi there, I have tried looking for this question or info in this and other forums.

I need to know if my VG30E distributor will work in my VG33E with out putting my 3.0 crank in. I am using the VG33E crank and cams for now. I am out of money ! please help !

Hi there, I have tried looking for this question or info in this and other forums.

I need to know if my VG30E distributor will work in my VG33E with out putting my 3.0 crank in. I am using the VG33E crank and cams for now. I am out of money ! please help !

are you doing a swap or are you trying to use it in a 96 and up? if your doing the swap yes you can make it work. If your putting it in a newer vehicle then no you can't.

what he said ^. if you are doing a vg33e swap then yes it will work. I am running a full vg33e engine/crank/oil pump/accessories etc... using the vg30e engine controls (injectors, harness, sensors, distributor etc.) runs great.

however if you are trying to replace your current distributor to run in a newer pathfinder (r50) than no it will not work, you need the distributor to match whichever ECU you are using.

Edited by Nefarious

I am nearing the end of Installing a VG33E into my 92 Pathfinder. I have both Distributors(VG30E and VG33E). I see and know they are different connectors and coil is in dist on VG33E and the cam sensor NOT Crank sensor like in VG30E.

Basically It appears by all of the wiring diagrams that , IF the VG30E distributor will slide in to replace the VG33E distributor . It would be alot easier then having to re-wire connections and chase wires. I am a Good mechanic but I HATE electrical. I can do it , But

it is a pain.

I have to take off the intake manifold to get enough space to access 1 of the bolts mounting the distributor on my VG30E. On the VG33E the two bolts are easy to get to. So i will have to take off both intake manifolds to put in my VG30E distributor. I might as well Clean the intake manifold while it is off! I have to go walk to the parts place to get manifold gasket set for the VG33E so i will go and get a can of brake cleaner or carb cleaner to clean the manifold while it is off of the engine!