Starter below the oil filter

RF600

Well just spoke to salesman at Amazon hose, doesn't look like I will be getting hoses made from them.

First the guy told me the braided SS hoses with the teflon lining over time the teflon breaks apart so that doesn't sound good

Well, I know this is a late reply but its not a teflon lining. The whole hose is teflon with a stainless steel braided jacket (see H243 on page 50 of their online 'paper' catalog). The teflon hose has temp rating from -100F to +450F which is why I went this route....the hoses run close to the headers in my case. The stainless helps with abrasion and reflects heat also. I have had them on a few years now and not had a problem so far. I explained to the guy at the store exactly what I was doing and he didn't mention any concern about the hoses breakdown over time. Anyways, I'm sure there are cheaper suitable alternatives.

i can't remember if i asked this question or not, but is it better to but a relocation kit or make my own...and where should i get the kit, i looked on ebay but what comes up doesn't look right...where should i get it?

or if i piece it together where should i get the parts from?

Pretty sure this is the one I used

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-291/?rtype=10

For those shopping for ready made kits Don't but the Transdapt kit. I got mine from 4x4parts.com,SKU: PPOK11134337. It is made of cast pot metal and has no QC on the finish. O-ring groove was not machined I had to clean up the female threads to esure I wouln't have flakes of metal in my oil system. Definately not the quality I would expect for the price.

Edited by Desert89
  • Like 1

I bought the transdapt single filter mount and adapter, separate, no problems at all with the machining or the 2 parts at all. This is the second set I have bought, first one was probably 20 years ago (still have it but it is a dual filter mount), no problem with the old parts either just did not want to run dual filters this time and needed a new O-ring for the adapter, was almost as cheap to buy the new adapter than just the O-ring so I did. You may have just got a bad one.

Most if not all of the mounts and adapters are cast unless they say they are billet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
where you can buy the oil relocation filter for 1994 nissan pathfinder? because I keep changing the starter every six months and I am sicked and tired doing this dilemma.!
summit racing is a good place...not to expensive and you can even use a nissan oil filter with it...now finding a spot is more of a tuffy...

----

i tried to post a pic but i couldnt figure it out...i basically put my filter relocater in the right wheel well, but i made a bracket for it so it acctually sits inside the engine compartment close to the power steering pump...so it clears the wheel and the pump and i can still put the rubber cover back on and its all nicely tucked away...

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Posts