Axle ideas

i have a 1987 xe 4x4

i was looking for some ideas on solid front axle convertions. what axles should i look for and what to avoid. Also i was hoping to find some info in exhost turbos and horse power upgrades. any ideas on disc break convertions for the rear end? just looking for some ideas to upgrade my truck. love my pathy and want to enjoy the next 190,000 miles im gonna put on her before she gets put down lol she has 310,000 right now.

This is a topic that has been gone over a few times. Search through SAS and H.C. FAB there is a lot of info there. It really depends on how much money you want to spend. Wagoneer dana 44 is the most common and easiest . I flipped a toyota front axle to drivers side a lot more work. Rugged Rocks has a new front Diamond axle that uses H233B 3 rd member that looks very GOOD. You could also use a trail gear Rock Assault axle. They make one for the Tacoma that will work.

The next thing you will want to think about is how are you hanging it? 3 link or leaf springs. There is a lot of work involved in this whole conversion. Make sure you think of the entire process before you start. There is a lot of info and picture's that you could look at.

If you check out picture's look at Flexy Pictures and you will see mine.

Good Luck

Any ford or waggy dana 44 will work. Well any waggy 44 built after '81.

Turbo charging is kinda rare and theres only one guy that did it on this site I believe. Its in this section I believe.

A 3.4 swap would be more user friendly then a turbo since its N/A But that means a complete tear down.

The search fuction is hit or miss so dont be affraid to ask. And if you need cup holders contact a guy on hear named Tungsten. He has a load of them.

If you havent introduced your self yet please do so.

Thanks for the starting thoughts. i did introduce myself in the new member area but if you look at my profile it tells just about all lol.

i know i need to look at the full picture before startingget everything i could posibly think about before starting but i was looking for some jobs that had been done befor so i could see what i may need. i will look around the site as much as i can so i can see what all have been done. thanks everyone

I found a website by a member here that may be helpful if you're looking into a SAS. It's www.nissannut.com He's posted all kind of projects on his site with pictures and explanations of the progress as well as a spreadsheet of the parts used and his cost. Could be really helpful in knowing what you're getting into and getting a parts list with some things you might easily overlook.