Diffrences between R50s and Qx4's?

I don't know anything about GM's "auto track" system. The QX4's 4WD system has 4 modes: Auto 4WD, 2WD, 4H, and 4L.

2WD, 4H and 4L function the same as they do on the part-time 4WD system in the Pathfinder, the key functional difference being the low-range gearing. The Pathfinder's part-time case is 2.02:1 low range, but the QX4 (and later model-year Pathfinders) uses a full-time 4WD case with a 2.569:1 low range.

This wiki page describes how the AWD system in the QX4 functions.

I don't know anything about GM's "auto track" system. The QX4's 4WD system has 4 modes: Auto 4WD, 2WD, 4H, and 4L.

2WD, 4H and 4L function the same as they do on the part-time 4WD system in the Pathfinder, the key functional difference being the low-range gearing. The Pathfinder's part-time case is 2.02:1 low range, but the QX4 (and later model-year Pathfinders) uses a full-time 4WD case with a 2.569:1 low range.

This wiki page describes how the AWD system in the QX4 functions.

My 04 Chinook has the allmode 4WD. Its actually not bad, i suppose, I don't use it, but if i send the wife out in teh snow, i tell her to snap it in.

I know you guys like your pathfinders, but to say there BETTER? I personally love the front and rear of my truck, the facelift was well done and looks sharp even compared to todays cars. And the factory HIDS definetely dont hurt.

But its definetely an R50 underneath just with some added luxuries

• Like 1

mind you Im talking about the 01+, Ive never taken a close look at the older one but there are quite ugly. The one piece headlights / foglights are WAAAAAY sexy. Mind you mine are both modified

My 04 Chinook has the allmode 4WD. Its actually not bad, i suppose, I don't use it, but if i send the wife out in teh snow, i tell her to snap it in.

Yep, thats what I saw. So its basically a automatic four wheel drive like GM's auto track or is it like a 70-30 mix for pulling power.

mind you Im talking about the 01+, Ive never taken a close look at the older one but there are quite ugly. The one piece headlights / foglights are WAAAAAY sexy. Mind you mine are both modified

Yep, you wouldnt know the paint codes they had during those years.

nope, it ranges from 0/100 to 50/50 front/rear based on rear wheel spin.

It works pretty fast I would say, maybe not the best "awd" i have seen, but works well when I send the wife out with it.

if you are talking about QX4, the AUTO means 7-3 to 3-7 front-rear

2wd is 100% rwd

as i know there isn't any chance to reach 0-100 in AUTO mode

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you. The transfer case has a hydraulically operated muptiple clutch plate. torque is varied rear to front from 100% rear, to a maximum of 50/50.

Even a hard acceleration can shift torque to the front, as well as wheel slippage, differences between front/rear driveshaft speed, throttle position sensor.

I have not had my transfer case apart to look at all this operate, but from everything i've read, this is the design. It is not a 30/70 "AWD" sytstem, it is an automatic 4WD.

Hi, please check this first, my friend installed on 2002 QX4

http://homepage8.seed.net.tw/web@5/tomeplz/tmp/21103012726319_989.jpg

Below are what it tells

Status Front:Rear

------------------------------------

Stop 3 : 7

0=>1km/h 5 : 5

city speed 3 : 7

city acc 5:5 or 6:4

high way 3:7 or 2:8

high way acc 5:5

These rates change very quickly, most of times it's not easy to drive and notice to it every second.

Frankly speaking I have no idea how to prove it correct but what you told is more like the AWD system on FX35.

By the way, the front:rear is controlled by this (picture from google)

http://homepage8.seed.net.tw/web@5/tomeplz/tmp/588_4976163a268c2.jpg

There is a ball inside which can move forward/backward. MCU detects the movement then determines front/rear torque.

After all, I'd say there are no Pathy in Taiwan, only QX4. So I can't tell difference between QX4 and Pathy. The first time I heard "R50" was the moment I came to NPORA few months ago. We even don't have QX56. Perhaps my friend and me are both cheated by the electronic gauge.

After all, I'd say there are no Pathy in Taiwan, only QX4. So I can't tell difference between QX4 and Pathy. The first time I heard "R50" was the moment I came to NPORA few months ago. We even don't have QX56. Perhaps my friend and me are both cheated by the electronic gauge.

That is a fact I didn't know and wouldn't expect.

What are those wheels, I like them.

I've got nothing against the QX4 and have seen some pretty sweet ones (like Michigan Ave and someone else but can't remember the screen name) but I do really like my LE.

Here is a description from Autoworld:

Technically advanced yet simple to operate - two hallmarks of the Infiniti QX4s unique All-Mode 4WD system when it was introduced in 1997 and which keep it unchallenged two years later as the most sophisticated all-wheel drive design available in North America today.

Derived from the advanced ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system used in the high-performance Japanese-market Nissan Skyline GT-R sports coupe, the QX4 system was developed to enhance traction and stability in everyday driving conditions, while also performing equal to or better than traditional 4WD systems in rugged off-road conditions.

The key advantage of the All-Mode design over conventional systems is its combination of fully automatic, seamless operation, requiring no driver intervention and driver override, yet still allowing manual control as desired.

The system offers the driver the choice of 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel drive or "automatic" setting, in which the system instantly distributes torque to the front wheels - in the precise amount that is required to restore traction only as required - and then returns to rear-wheel drive operation.

The result is optimal traction in all conditions, while improving fuel economy and enhancing cornering capability. It is a totally flexible system that makes "average" drivers feel comfortable, while at the same time rewarding the driving enthusiast.

All-Mode 4WD System Hardware

The heart of the All-Mode 4WD mechanical system is a wet multi-plate clutch in the center differential. Managed by an electronic control unit, the multi-plate clutch precisely and instantly apportions the right amount of torque for the driving conditions to the front and rear axles.

A critical aspect of the system is that the multi-plate clutch provides infinitely variable torque transfer as opposed to the limited pre-set "steps" of adjustment typical of other systems. The amount of torque apportioned to the front wheels depends on two factors.

First is the amount of wheel slippage detected by the control unit, such as may occur when the vehicle is traveling on a dirt or icy road (wheel slippage is determined as the difference in speed between the front and rear driveshafts). The second factor is throttle opening. All-Mode 4WD (when in the AUTO setting) also transfers torque to the front wheels during initial acceleration (more throttle opening means more torque is distributed to the front wheels).

For rigorous off-road conditions, an optional limited-slip rear differential (LSD) further enhances traction. LSD provides even greater traction and control in the most challenging driving conditions.

All-Mode 4WD System Software

Governing the QX4's All-Mode 4WD hardware is an advanced computerized control unit. This unit gathers information from front and rear driveshaft sensors (to determine wheel slippage), a throttle position sensor, an engine rpm sensor, a transfer unit lever selector, and the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) control unit.

The control unit continually compares the data and automatically selects the right amount of power to be transferred to the front and rear axles to achieve maximum traction. In the event that front and rear wheels are slipping, the greater amount of torque is directed to the axle with the least amount of slippage.

A pair of controls provide simple and effective operation: An instrument panel-mounted drive mode display switch used to select automatic or manual operation, and a floor-mounted lever which engages and disengages low range (4Lo). This allows drivers the opportunity to choose the drive mode most appropriate for a particular driving surface.

• Like 1

Hi, In fact I'm not sure, sorry.

There are "DAYTONA 4X4" on each rim really no idea where them from....lol

I bought this car 2 years ago with those wheels.

What are those wheels, I like them.

Hi, please check this first, my friend installed on 2002 QX4

http://homepage8.see...2726319_989.jpg

Below are what it tells

Status Front:Rear

------------------------------------

Stop 3 : 7

0=>1km/h 5 : 5

city speed 3 : 7

city acc 5:5 or 6:4

high way 3:7 or 2:8

high way acc 5:5

These rates change very quickly, most of times it's not easy to drive and notice to it every second.

Wait a sec, that device you installed on the dash that looks like a fancy digital inclinometer also tells you the AWD axle torque ratio? How does it do that?

Wait a sec, that device you installed on the dash that looks like a fancy digital inclinometer also tells you the AWD axle torque ratio? How does it do that?

That's what I was wondering too.

HI, as I know it is connected to a small box which controls auto-tranny, sounds like a small computer or something bcos I heard MCU brabra. This is not installed on my ride.

http://www.qx4.idv.tw/QX4/images/auto-test/pic/2002_0327_175411AA.jpg

http://www.qx4.idv.tw/QX4/images/auto-test/pic/2002_0327_175825AA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...