Homemade Front Bumper

DCgabel

K, so i used some C-channel steel and welded it up to fit around the front. Not a big fan of the way it looks and i am still tinkering around with it as of right now. But this is how far i am.

My original idea was to replicate the TJM Bullbar.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

I have pipe that still needs to be bent up and welded on.

IMG_0056-1.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

More coming..

K, so i used some C-channel steel and welded it up to fit around the front. Not a big fan of the way it looks and i am still tinkering around with it as of right now. But this is how far i am.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

More coming..

I'll be interested in how you come around the corners.

• 4 months later...

The ems light were just for fun. Frowned upon but just something different

Lookin' good! What's the purpose of the emergency lights in your grille?

The EMS light are just for fun.

If it were me, id make it a bit more high clearance

Trust me i gave it as much clearance as i could without having to relocate the coolant reservoir and i didnt want to do that.

• 3 months later...

Wow, great job! How thick is it c-channel? Do you have any upclose pics of the brackets used to attach it to the frame?

I used a 1/8" steel C-channel. As for the resevours i just nothced around them because i wanted the bumper to sit tight to the front and not stick out like the regular TJM or Rhino bumpers. For the brackets. i cut up some Steel angle and they bolt right on to the factory bumper mounts on the top and on the bottom i had to cut out the factory rad support because it was crap condition and welded in piece of metal tubing, i forget how thick but its at the least a 1/8" thick. BUt i welded some brackets that have the bumper bolt on to as well. All together four grade eight bolt fasten the front on to it. Ill try to get some pictures up sometime.

Did you have fun getting your stock bumper off?? and how did you mount the bumper to the frame?

Fun? It was simple actually took three seconds. Two small flat head bolts on the top and some plastic pops in the bottom. Then the whole thing pulls right off. Granted i had to give it a good tug. (Just a tip unclip the Foggies and signals before pulling it off to avoid pulling the wire right out of them, sensible, yes but hey first time i pulled the bumper off i almost did that very thing)

Four bolts. Made some clips that bolt on to the factory mounts on the top and for the bottom i welded on some clips to bolt the bottom of the bumper on. Took a while to measure everything up to make sure it was all level but it was worth it. Ill try to get pictures soon. :P sorry i havent yet

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

More coming..

SIGNALS WERE TO HIGH. SO I HAD TO MOVE THEM LOWER. ILL GET AN UPDATED PICTURE SOON.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you live 5 mins from me and I've never seen you? Bumper looks good man, get rid of the Obscenely large washer fluid tank. Buy a smaller one from Canadian Tire and mount it under the battery.

NISSAN TRUCK MEET NIAGARA GATEWAY!!!!!