R51 Pathfinder

dynomax

Looked at a 2005 Pathfinder today, 170,000kms on it (40,000 more than my 2004 R50). Its suffering spring sag as bad or worse than my 2004 R50...

What is it with the springs in the back of these things? Am I going to get the same results with my Ironman springs after 120,000kms?

Maybe I'm just not used to rear coil springs, but I have never in any vehicle I had changed springs (unless I broke a leaf spring!).

Anyway.... I hope my Ironman variable rate springs help me in hooking on to my 3800LB travel trailer for its maiden voyage this summer.

The whole reason I went with my lift started with the Pathfinder "saggy ass" syndrom. My guess is that these are pretty heavy vehicles and the stock springs are just too wimpy. Look at everyone's side-by-side spring photo's.

Here's mine ...

396270668.jpg

396270671.jpg

Looked at a 2005 Pathfinder today, 170,000kms on it (40,000 more than my 2004 R50). Its suffering spring sag as bad or worse than my 2004 R50...

What is it with the springs in the back of these things? Am I going to get the same results with my Ironman springs after 120,000kms?

Maybe I'm just not used to rear coil springs, but I have never in any vehicle I had changed springs (unless I broke a leaf spring!).

Anyway.... I hope my Ironman variable rate springs help me in hooking on to my 3800LB travel trailer for its maiden voyage this summer.

I have that problem as well. I installed a set of Airlift airbags inside my springs and that did the trick. Even with your new springs I would put a set on just to offset the tongue weight of your boat....

The whole reason I went with my lift started with the Pathfinder "saggy ass" syndrom. My guess is that these are pretty heavy vehicles and the stock springs are just too wimpy. Look at everyone's side-by-side spring photo's.

Here's mine ...

If I ever need a picture of anything pathfinder related, i'll ask you.

My springs were not in at the pickup spot in Houlton,ME yesterday, so i have not yet got my springs & Spacers :( I guess next saturday will be the day. The spacers were there, but no sign of the springs. My springs by the way came from camel 4x4. Only one other person here I know of ordered from him, that I have found.

I'll be sure to do a good review of the springs when I Get em on. I'm leaning towards bilsteins for the rear when the time comes.