Exhaust

Danger

Is there a site or store that will sell me an exhaust system or do I have to buy all parts separate and build my own system. Please keep in mind I live in Canada...

Starting to really get into doing the work myself. Major scare when the engine wouldn't start today but fixed that, damned rotor spun out of place while I replacing it.

Getting exhaust for these trucks is actually no fun.

I haven't had much luck. My muffler rusted off a good number of months ago, and I haven't figured out a solution.

You can always buy it from the dealer, but it will be pretty expensive. Advance Auto Parts wanted something like $300 for an exhaust system only from the cat back. Ridiculous.

I can't figure out a way to clamp it up either. Nissan originally used some weird clamps that are glued to some rubber which was bolted to the frame. Can't get the old broken clamps out, and don't know where to get new clamps.

I've tried rigging it up, but as of now, my "muffler" is resting on my cross members and hanging near my rear axle.

I would say to go to a junk yard, but that's not necessarily the type of stuff you want to get used. I guess if it looks rust free (or even new), then sure. But it's always a gamble.

What kind of exhaust are you looking for? Stock replacement? You can get a new muffler/tailpipe assembly at crappy tire for 160 dollars. If you want something more free flowing you'll have to go custom but it's nothing a good exhaust shop couldn't do.

Yea I'm looking more free flow, 2.5" has never treated me wrong. I was just hoping there was a premade system since custom is spelt with 2 $$s most of the time.

Getting exhaust for these trucks is actually no fun.

I can't figure out a way to clamp it up either. Nissan originally used some weird clamps that are glued to some rubber which was bolted to the frame. Can't get the old broken clamps out, and don't know where to get new clamps.

Agreed. But you can buy the stock hangers online, I was looking at them today as I have a broken one. Rockauto.com I think I was on.

I ordered headers for mine online, then grabbed a magnaflow cat and muffler. I took it to a shop and had them just fab up new pipes to replace everything.

What site did you use and which shop? I'm in Burlington, I'm thinking that I'll be going to a speedy muffler or something like that. Not a lot of custom shops here.

I ordered headers for mine online, then grabbed a magnaflow cat and muffler. I took it to a shop and had them just fab up new pipes to replace everything.

This and didn't cost too much in addition to all the parts but the entire exhaust cost about $800 US.

B