Rear washer nozzle doesn't spray

Towncivilian

The pump works (I hear it whirring when trying to spray), the fluid reservoir is full, and the rear nozzle doesn't seem clogged. The hose end on the pump is still fine and not leaking. I haven't found a leak anywhere in the interior where the fluid line runs, though I didn't look extensively. Is there a clog somewhere, maybe the check valve in the rear door?

Man, none of mine work. I need to look into this tomorrow. It's one of those "things" that I don't think about until I can't use it.

*edit .. who wants to bet me that it has something to do with excessive mud? :thumbsdown:

Edited by devonianwalk

My front ones didn't spray, I replaced the pump (it was filled with build up) and now the front work great. My rear does the same thing as yours, So I would make sure that all your pumps are clean. If they are dirty you can run some clr through them and see if that helps. I didn't work with mine so I spent 20 bucks and got a new one! Good luck.

Edited by trenton163

Yeah, maybe you're right that the rear pump is clogged with crap. Sometimes when I fill the washer fluid, some nasty smell emerges. The tube thing attached to the cap is also full of crud.

th_IMG_20120218_165754.jpg

If the one-way valve somewhere in the tubing leaks, the fluid will drain back out, and you'll have to hold the switch for a bit to re-prime the line. I have to do that on mine sometimes, if I haven't used it in a while.

I was tripping out.... because I cannot find my rear reservoir.... then I realized that you have an R50....

wd21 Terranos have a reservoir for the rear nozzle :D