What does your username mean?

Mr.510

Just what the title says: What's your username mean and/or where'd it come from and/or how'd you get it? I've wanted to start this thread for a long time. I searched and didn't find one, if there is one please point me to it. :aok: Feel free to show us a pic or two if it helps people that otherwise might not "get it" to understand. I'll start:

Mr.510 is a reference to my being a totally old-school '68-'73 Datsun 510 fanatic. I was first called Mr.510 when I was 14 years old, I think? I'm primarily known in the 510 world for the bolt-in VG30 conversion kit that I produce for these cars. For anyone that may think "Why would somebody like early '70s Japanese shi_boxes enough to be named after them?"

My 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon with carbureted VG30, maybe 190hp/200tq? I doubt it but it still eats Mustang Cobras in straight lines and Porsche Carerras in crooked ones:

2012-03-05_15-59-07_296.jpg

(I :wub: this color, it's my favorite of all factory Nissan colors ever. Dimers call it "caramel".)

And my 1970 Nissan Bluebird SSS Coupe' with VG30DET 538hp/484tq @ 16psi. It ought to be fairly rapid if I ever finish it:

DriversSide.jpg

My name comes from the ancient art of Dowsing. For those of you not familiar, think of those guys with the Y shaped stick that would walk around and sense a water source underground. Got the nickname because I have an innate ability to find a water or mud hole whenever we're out hiking, biking, driving, etc. I'm the kind of guy who will generally take the muddiest path and wettest conditions.

A brief history on Dowsing.

Mine is taken from an ancient Magrathean who's no good at threats.

"Come," called the old man, "come now or you will be late."

"Late?" said Arthur. "What for?"

"What is your name, human?"

"Dent. Arthur Dent," said Arthur.

"Late, as in the late Dentarthurdent," said the old man, sternly. "It's a sort of threat, you see." Another wistful look came into his tired old eyes. "I've never been very good at them myself, but I'm told they can be very effective."

(Nice Datsun!)

mine is my name, nothing fancy but i usually go by dro on other forums started off as android-droid-then dro for short. started off as a tagging name

My username is a reflection of why I am here. I have pathfinder envy. Don't have one... have friends that do. Enjoy reading up so that when I can, I will know what to get and how to go about it.

Mine is because I'm from PA and mountian biking is the reason I bought a pathfinder.. Seems funny to me that I spell mountain wrong on every forum and no one calls me out!!!

Absolutely noticed.... thought it was intentional, it was, wasn't it???

"nunya" was a group of local friends who decided to all put the same sticker on all our cars. The 'club' pretty much fell apart as we all grew up but were all still friends and acknowledge what it was.

It was never a texting abbreviation thing or an ebonix related type thing.

I get mine from Smokey and the Bandit, silvertondevil is a trucker's callsign and he calls ahead and warns Bandit about the bear trap! I shorten it to silverton for forums.

Edited by silverton

First initial = I

Last name = Sage

Middle initial = G

I was given a username of IsageG about 15 years ago for something at work. I adapted it to IceageG and it has stuck ever since.

Precise1 is a shortened version of O' Precise One. I was called that by some people I supervised about 15 years ago due to the fact that I specialize in precision machining and have a tendency to correct people whom I am training, ie.

"The minor diameter for a 10-32 thread is .156-.164", not a #21 drill."

"Yes, O' Precise One!!"

Now that I diamond turn optics to micron and sub micron tolerances, the name is even more applicable. :shrug:

B

I'm sure this has been done before, but I'll go again.

I BLAME DENNIS, no not Silverton. I joined this site and tried the user name Terrano.... FAIL.

So I just added the NZ to the end so it would let me sign up. Found out that Dennis from Russia was a good guy, so I wasn't too bothered.

Now I'm on almost everything as TerranoNZ or my short user name "TNZ"

Even started a company called TNZ Development limited

First initial = I

Last name = Sage

Middle initial = G

I was given a username of IsageG about 15 years ago for something at work. I adapted it to IceageG and it has stuck ever since.

I always read your handle as IceAge G, as Ice Age Gangsta'!

RJSquirrel is Rocket J Squirrel from the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon. I chose it at the time as I was frequently flying all over the world to solve other peoples' problems, just like in the cartoon.

Edited by RJSquirrel

Someone here asked me via PM a while back about my screen name ... can't remember who though? :shiftyeyes:

My screen name represents the Devonian period which was around 400 million years ago. It is determined through fossilization that this was the time period when basically fish pectoral fins evolved into legs. Then came amphibians. Then mammals. Then mammals invented the Pathfinder which eventually led me here.

Plus, Devon rhymes with my real name (Kevin).

My name is Jose "Ho" Baraquio. I have worked as a "Touring Drum Technician" or "ROADIE" for the likes of Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Avenged Sevenfold, Ted Nugent, Rob Halford, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mountain, Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert (Numerous Others). I've been touring since 1990. I've always had "Personalized Tags" that read OFF TOUR ever since I bought my Pathfinder brand new in 1996. I've had the same tags living in Maryland, Virginia & now Ohio. I figured the only time I''m driving is when I'm not touring (hence "OFF TOUR").

7c1225c3.jpg

Upcoming tours for me include, The G3 Tour (featuring Joe Satriani, Steve Vai & Steve Lukather) I leave for New Zealand / Australia on March 20th. And another tour I'm real excited about, ADRENALINE MOB, which starts in May! I'll be in New York City on Monday when Adrenaline Mob will playing in concert, their new album Omertà, which comes out March 13th. The band is the singer from Symphony X, Bass player from Disturbed, drummer from Dream Theater/Avenged Sevenfold & NY best kept secret on guitar Mike Orlando. I've posted some of the new album here in the "What Song Are You Listening To" thread. Check em out! They Freak'n Rock!

NPORA - Adrenaline Mob

Edited by OfftourRoadie96