air lift?

jmd21682

alright, so im moving in the next couple months to colorado from cali. gotta rent a uhaul trailer and load it with my roll away, service cart, fridge, couch, bed and bunch of boxes..... prob gonna do the 6x12 trailer. i have an 18000lbs trans cooler, bypass and inline filter coming, already have a new filter for the trans pan and will install when i get the rest of the parts. Now the ??? my pathy is stock suspension all the way around, i bought but havent installed all new bushings for the front..... has anyone used the airlift airsprings to help keep the rear level? i dont want my front end wandering on the road on this drive cause my rear is scraping on the ground, not literally but close...lol any suggestions on keeping this as safe drive as possible, keep in mind im broke..... but have odd jobs funding my move and maybe $200 left after this until i get more work..... ive towed alot of trailers and alot of weight b4 just not in my pathy.... o yeah i gotta get a hitch as well..... man im losing money i dont have..... lol anyways thanx as always for any help, Jess.

My link

Depending on the weight of the trailer and the tongue weight, you may not need the lift helpers. I got the cause i'm towing an older 15' camper trailer and I ripped my bump stops off while towing it last year. Too much sagging! The tongue weight is about 275 lbs, i think, and the trailer is 2280lbs. I also recommend a stabilizer hitch if you can. It also levels your truck and trailer and distributes the weight back to the front wheels.

Also, the air lift only cost me $90 from 4x4parts.com, and I added a nice silicon filled guage for $25.

Edited by rydsno

My link

Depending on the weight of the trailer and the tongue weight, you may not need the lift helpers. I got the cause i'm towing an older 15' camper trailer and I ripped my bump stops off while towing it last year. Too much sagging! The tongue weight is about 275 lbs, i think, and the trailer is 2280lbs. I also recommend a stabilizer hitch if you can. It also levels your truck and trailer and distributes the weight back to the front wheels.

Also, the air lift only cost me $90 from 4x4parts.com, and I added a nice silicon filled guage for $25.

hey thanx, i follow ur post and see how it turns out..... good info, why i couldnt find it earlier i dont know.