94 Pathy (WOODY)

Balln

Hey guys i finally have a pathy in my driveway :D I have had it about a week now and i finally have time to post some pics up of him. My girlfried actually found the pathy for me, After talking to the guy and getting all the info and pics we booked our tickets to fly into Oakland California that weekend on Sunday. Seemed like Sunday would was never gonna get here lol but finally it was time to fly out. We landed in Oakland at 1:00 sunday afternoon then drove the rental car to his house. When i got there i was kinda worried becuase we where in kinda of a bad naborhood and was thinking the pathy cant be that nice. We pulled up and the pathy was no where to be seen. I texted the guy that we where here and he opened the garage and there he sat. He started Woody up and backed him out the garge into the sun light and i then had the biggest smile on my face. It was soooo clean and looked better then the pics he sent me. He gave me the keys and off around the block i went for a test drive. I was sold as soon as i seen and heard woody fire up. After paying for it heading outside was when he told me that it was his dads truck and it was garage kept and that he named him Woody. I told him that i would keep the name and it kind just flows with the truck for some reason. We then headed back on our trip 8XX miles back to PHX AZ and he woody rode out all the way back with no problems. Some info on woody he is a 1994 4x4 SE v6 auto Full disc brakes I have all the receipts of when they did oil changes to the new water pump timing belt and rebuilt the top end and tapped new exhuast manifold studs in. Everything runs and shift great the only flaws is the AC does need to be recharged and the dang sun visors sag bad and hang down in my way.Ok enuff talk and onto the pics

Mypathy7.jpg

Mypathy8.jpg

Mypathy6.jpg

Mypathy11.jpg

Mypathy10.jpg

Mypathy12.jpg

Mypathy14.jpg

Mypathy10.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear tire carrier mounts where a little worn down so i took them to work and sandblasted them then welded up the wear marks on the strike pin and threw some BBQ grill paint on them for now till i get all the brackets welded up for jack and jerry can then i will have it powder coated flat black.

Mypathy1-1.jpg

Mypathy.jpg

Mypathy1.jpg

Mypathy2.jpg

Mypathy25.jpg

Mypathy4.jpg

Mypathy3.jpg

Mypathy5.jpg

Dang you guys are quick lol I had to buy new tires for the front and with the price of two new geolanders to match the rear it was pretty pricy so my girlfriend did some searching for me and found these little guys for now till i get my 3+3+33s There are 31x10.50x15 hurcules trail diggers. They are some meaty little tires and i like them alot they where just a bit more for all for MTs mounted and balanced.

mypathy27.jpg

mypathy31.jpg

mypathy28.jpg

mypathy29.jpg

mypathy30.jpg

Now for some technical stuff!!! First off now with the new tires i need to bring the front end back up to life so i crawled under to crank the torsions is where i came across the driver side has some room to play but the passenger side is maxxed out. So i guess i need to reindex them but with the passenger one maxxed out do i need to move it 3 splines while i do the driver side 2? Im gonna soke it all in some KRoil today and plan on doing this this weekend.

Driver side

mypathy32.jpg

mypathy33.jpg

Passenger

mypathy35.jpg

mypathy24.jpg

mypathy26.jpg

Check that front end and make sure nothing is loose or out of whack. It could cause some of the height issues. It does look like someone at sometime had the torsion bars out(my guess is trans or rear main). Reindex them and you should be golden. Remember, our rigs came with a slight rake to them. After lifting my rig, I slowly put the front down a bit and the rake is back. Helps to not stress out the front end so much, and made aligning it a ton eaiser.

2nd is the temp guage. The highest it goes is in the pic i searched it here on the forum but i never came up with a awnser to my problem. I know it cant run this cool.

Mypathy19.jpg

I plan on installing a tranny cooler and filter with a temp guage but i had to get tires for it first. Next will be ac recharged and tint then prob a body lift and some spacers to get those wheels out a bit till i get my new wheels. My Dad is putting baja claws on his jeep so im getting his 33x11.50x15 BFG MT's till then i need a susp lift and bodylift. I love this pathy its a blast to drive i cant wait to do get the new tires dirty and do some trail riding.

Check that front end and make sure nothing is loose or out of whack. It could cause some of the height issues. It does look like someone at sometime had the torsion bars out(my guess is trans or rear main). Reindex them and you should be golden. Remember, our rigs came with a slight rake to them. After lifting my rig, I slowly put the front down a bit and the rake is back. Helps to not stress out the front end so much, and made aligning it a ton eaiser.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!!! And i dont think there is anything loose under it, it drives and handles great with no movement in the steering wheel but i will look. Do you think i should reindex the pas one more splines then the driver?

Nice truck, welcome to the forums.

What's up with that Hardbody?

Thanks And the hardbody was my daily but it started to get a raddle in the front of engine im thinking timing chain but it just sits in the drivway now. Im in the process of building a 4dr nissan hardbody and after i build the cab the blue hardbody is getting used towards the 4dr. I have pics of them both in my thread i started in the new guy section :aok: Any info you want on it just ask

Wow. great find! I just picked mine up on Friday and had to wait almost a week for it!

Yeah even if it drives fine and this guys never done front end work for it, those old tires are telling the story that something is not right.

One thing I noticed is that the auto and your 94 has a digital A/B trip gauge. Mine is a 95 XE and still has an analog trip meter under the odometer?!? was that the difference between an Auto/Manual or is that an extra option the SE has.

You mind sharing how much you got it for? looks clean!

Edited by TahoeRunner

I'm not sure on the trip guage but it is nice to have and the front tires where badly wore out on the outside of the tires. I'm guessing from the saggy torsion bars but I want to reindex them and get it alligned this weekend. And I don't mind I picked him up for $2500 but when you add gas and plain tickets and rental car I think its still a good deal. And I payed $600 for the tires mounted and balanced

Oh and I forgot to say something on that temp gauge. My temp gauge is the same way too, but its been pretty cold here. The other day when it was warm it creeped a little higher than that but I thought maybe these just run a little cooler? should that be closer to the half mark when all warmed up? what's typical for the temp gauge?

Man. That's a beauty right there. Smart move on picking one up in Cali to avoid the Rust. Very nice. I've read some reviews on those tires as well and they had great things to say about them. Even in the 4x4 Petersons Rag they mentioned they are cheap, and work great in many environments. I'm Looking forward to seeing the progress on this since you've got some amazing work already behind you from working on the Hardbody's.

About the temp gauge. There is some threads here on the subject somewhere, but basically it comes down to this. Universal temp sensors are obviously cheaper then OEM. I believe some of them have different operating temps. I can't recall the numbers but I do recall reading that some aftermarket ones were opening up on the cooler side then the factory ones. Someone may chime in with an actual link, but as usual, its somewhere in this Vast library of Pathfinder information. Finding it has always been the hardest part. A word to the wise, start making folders for bookmarks that are like the FSM. Anything that you find here that's super useful, book it and park it in the appropriate folder for reference later for when someone else asks the question, you'll be able to refer to it quickly.

Beautiful ride man. You're gonna love it.

Awesome truck brother, really looks like it was well maintained!!

I have always been a sucker for black!

First thing I would check is the thermostat. Mine did the same thing as yours, and after changing out the thermostat my gauge reads like normal now...and the heat works sooner as well.

VERY cool truck...

88Pathoffroad covered the re-index... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17038

His write up helped me a TON... I should have taken more pictures of the tbar fix, but either way... http://www.torymoore.com/pathfinder/calminifront.html

Enjoy your truck man, these things are tried and true!!!

Man. That's a beauty right there. Smart move on picking one up in Cali to avoid the Rust. Very nice. I've read some reviews on those tires as well and they had great things to say about them. Even in the 4x4 Petersons Rag they mentioned they are cheap, and work great in many environments. I'm Looking forward to seeing the progress on this since you've got some amazing work already behind you from working on the Hardbody's.

About the temp gauge. There is some threads here on the subject somewhere, but basically it comes down to this. Universal temp sensors are obviously cheaper then OEM. I believe some of them have different operating temps. I can't recall the numbers but I do recall reading that some aftermarket ones were opening up on the cooler side then the factory ones. Someone may chime in with an actual link, but as usual, its somewhere in this Vast library of Pathfinder information. Finding it has always been the hardest part. A word to the wise, start making folders for bookmarks that are like the FSM. Anything that you find here that's super useful, book it and park it in the appropriate folder for reference later for when someone else asks the question, you'll be able to refer to it quickly.

Beautiful ride man. You're gonna love it.

Thanks man And i couldnt find anything bad about these tires also. The only thing is they are noizy but for my first 4x4 i like the sound of them lol

Awesome truck brother, really looks like it was well maintained!!

I have always been a sucker for black!

First thing I would check is the thermostat. Mine did the same thing as yours, and after changing out the thermostat my gauge reads like normal now...and the heat works sooner as well.

VERY cool truck...

88Pathoffroad covered the re-index... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17038

His write up helped me a TON... I should have taken more pictures of the tbar fix, but either way... http://www.torymoore.com/pathfinder/calminifront.html

Enjoy your truck man, these things are tried and true!!!

Thanks man i love black and it will receive the full chrome package but still look good i have some stuff that i want to do to it that i never seen done on them one is im making custom tail lights should be pretty cool i think you guys will like them. And i may just buy a thermastat for it and pop it in. I havent looked to see where it is or if it will be a pain to install but that might be my problem. Either that or what Dowser was saying not sure if they are easy task to do or not but i guess it needs to be done. And i have seen those links before i have the one where you did the body lift saved. :aok:

Nice. Its a combo of my current Pathfinder with the rims I had on my first truck, a Chevy Luv. Looks good man.

Thanks man i love this truck :aok:

Very clean! Your story is similar to me flying from Seattle, WA to Denver, CO to buy my 1987 Nissan 200sx from the original owners son in Windsor, CO and driving it home!

As for the dual digital trip meters, it was a very rare option. I'm guessing this trucks MSRP is somewhere in the low-mid 30,000 when it was new! My 95 SE had a single analog trip meter, I swapped it for a cluster with the dual digi trips.

Something is definitely funky with your alignment for the outsides of both tires to wear down. And those mud terrains will only wear down faster if you don't get it fixed. Are you sure you didn't mean 33x10.50 tires? I wasn't aware that BFG made a 33x11.50. Just to let you know, a 33x10.50R15 will fit your truck with no lift.

Edited by silverton

Thanks and im gonna reindex the torsion bars then get it aligned this weekend and hopefully that will fix it. And my dad told me the tire size and i asked him again and he said they are 32x1150x15 idk ill have a look when i go over there this weekend and find out for sure.

Lol yeah if I would of had the time I would have but we didn't have that much time to get back. You find out any info on the other pathy that was o so sketchy?

Me and some guys from work went out to dinner and as we where getting back in the pathy my buddy that lives with me racked his elbow on the tire carrier hard!!!!!! I couldn't help but laugh. He talks @!*% about woody and my other nissans lol that's woody getting him back. But on another note woody got some kroil on his t-bars so hopfully they will come off smooth this weekend.

WOW.... You got lucky to get such a clean ride.... My 93 I just got had only 115,000 on it, and it wasn't even close to as clean as yours.

Check your SHOCKS also. I put new shocks in, and my car raised a bunch, between the tire and the car.