tires

da0z

Ok its soo time to get new tires. i got some 31 10.5 bfgoodrich adn metal bands showing. would love to but another set but at 750$ for a set from discount tire seames a little high. i dont need the big tires much any more because gf drives it to school and other on road places. you got any thoughts?

31x10.5x15 right? Going back on the stock rims? I can get some prices here at my work if you like. Do you want them installed, or do it yourself? Any particular tire your looking for?

Would you be interested in some used tires to save some dough? My coworker has a set of GY wranglers on his dodge dakota. He is looking at getting new tires cause the GY's are loud! They are in good shape, around 75%.

Here are some tires I can get(prices vary, but not much than you would think)..

Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

Firestone Destination A/T

General Grabber AT 2

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S

Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar

Dunlop Radial Mud Rover

Kumho Road Venture MT KL71

Michelin LTX A/T 2

Bridgestone Dueler A/T D695

Dick Cepek Radial F-C II

Dick Cepek Mud Country

Yokohama Geolandar M/T Plus

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Dick Cepek Crusher

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

Firestone Destination M/T

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

Obviously, the M/T tires may cost a bit more, but not much. A good tire goes a long way up here in the PNW! Let me know what you might be interested in and I can get specific prices.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

www.treadwright.com is where I got my retreads, and they have been amazing. 2 of my other best wheelin' buddies use em too and they have great things to say about them too. Sure, retreads have a bad rep, but at 100 bucks each, its a steal of a deal for an aggressive tread pattern (I got the mud dog mt's) thats pretty deep. Clears out no problem. Theyve got a good warranty on them too. Just my 2 cents worth. Edited by Iceman2989

Ya stock rims. Like I said would like 31 again but I think I need just bare minimal . Do do much wheeling much just need a good all season highway tire. Also I need to put it on a credit /payments. Can't take a 500$ hit this pay check

Looked at the retread they look awesome and thick 17/32 tread!

Edited by da0z

Last three sets I have owned I bought off craigslist. But if you need them now, as it sounds, you may not have any luck. My purchases were made by being very patient and waiting for a good deal. Otherwise, I have bought from Discount Tire, never had a complaint when buying tires from them.

I second the Craigslist comment, worked really well for me when I sold the crappy ATs I had and picked up some used MTs. I've been looking for a road-trip set, but don't think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Here's an example I found with a quick search:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2884294079.html

Ya I found some sets or tires but don't want to drive to much to get them. There was a nice set over in clealum almost new for 400. I found a place in Tacoma that has used tires for cheap. I still may buy a set of them retreads for summer time.

So 220I cash for some little smaller tire but same bfgoodys I had before. I love them little used tire shops. They will fix a tire even if normal big stores wont fix them because the lack of tread

Edited by da0z

• 2 weeks later...

Bein an ex schwabie i know they only want to balance the fronts because on any vehicle the front tires are where out of balance tires can be felt because it will shake the steering wheel. rule of thumb was better treads in the rear or if they were close ones with less weight in the front. in the front, least amount of weight on drivers side. if there was one that had massive amounts of weight, (3+ oz's) it went in the passenger rear because the farther from the driver the less noticeable it is.

Bein an ex schwabie i know they only want to balance the fronts because on any vehicle the front tires are where out of balance tires can be felt because it will shake the steering wheel. rule of thumb was better treads in the rear or if they were close ones with less weight in the front. in the front, least amount of weight on drivers side. if there was one that had massive amounts of weight, (3+ oz's) it went in the passenger rear because the farther from the driver the less noticeable it is.

Got the tires rebalanced at local junk yard and that fixed the wobble. The first place that I bought the tire from there balance machine was not bolted down and was jumping around when they tryed to balance them. Good tire price but lack of skill to balance them

• 2 weeks later...