Tires squeeling

trenton163

I am in the process of a front end rebuild ans so far I have replaced the all of the tierod ends torsion bars and strut rods. I am going to take it in for a alignment but before I do I have a question.

When I installed my torsion bars I tightened them until I got the ride hight where I want it ( about 31.75 at the lip and about .5" at the upper bump stop). But now when I go around turns at around 40 mph or more my tires squeal really loud.

So my question is that will a alignment fix the problem or should I back off the T bars a little? I really dont want to as now the truck is level and everything. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Slow down in the corners ;) it's the design of the IFS, when you're in a corner your front inside wheel leans WAY in like this --> / or this \ depending on which way you're turning So just the inside edge of the tire is literally dragging on the ground...

Alignment will help but its ifs and as u corner they will be like / / this or \ \ that but the toe is what gets messed up when you crank...along with camber so it should help a lot with the issue...also if your locked they will chirp...also how bald are the tires

Slow down in the corners ;) it's the design of the IFS, when you're in a corner your front inside wheel leans WAY in like this --> / or this \ depending on which way you're turning So just the inside edge of the tire is literally dragging on the ground...

But where's the fun in that? :aok:

Alignment will help but its ifs and as u corner they will be like / / this or \ \ that but the toe is what gets messed up when you crank...along with camber so it should help a lot with the issue...also if your locked they will chirp...also how bald are the tires

How did you know I running on doughnuts! haha! Will the new strut bushings affect it at all?

yep mine was doing the same at maybe 30kph....... wound up the torsion bars and away it went ...front end sag !!! but . i will be upgrading the front end in due course