Winter Wheelin'!

5523Pathfinder

So, Im putting together another winter wheeling day. A couple of guys I work with are down to go for sure. Yes, its on a sunday, cause thats the day that works. We are leaning towards going to Elbe for the day. Gonna run the "easier" trails(yeah, no Busywild).

Anyway, if anyone is intersted, let me know!

As it sits right now, we will be meeting at the rest stop in Elbe, at 9am on the 25th.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Busywild or Swamp? Count me in!

I'm in! :aok:

I figured you two might be in, which is good cause I have never wheeled at Elbe. Always nice to know someone has been up and down the trails a few times.

Rock auto has kybs and monroes real cheap! like 60 bucks a strut when I got them for my dad!

Have fun guys, damn I need to go out west again.

Edited by adamzan

I figured you two might be in, which is good cause I have never wheeled at Elbe. Always nice to know someone has been up and down the trails a few times.

Haha! ;) Me and Mr.510 have been to Elbe a bunch of times, and we still get turned around! We've ALWAYS missed a small section of one trail that gets us all sorts of confused when we try and work it out on the map.

I'm in...lets get a date planned so I can get sunday off work

The date was set from the get-go yo! It's right next to the main topic in the "sub-topic" as I like to call it.

Its March 25th, so just a few weeks away.

For your viewing pleasure(well, except the guys who filmed it)...

It's still my pleasure to watch my rig conquer Elbe without reverse!!

Rock auto has kybs and monroes real cheap! like 60 bucks a strut when I got them for my dad!

Have fun guys, damn I need to go out west again.

Its not just the strut sadly, the bearings are getting real loose. Not being able to work while going to school this year is slowly sucking me dry :(

Haha! ;) Me and Mr.510 have been to Elbe a bunch of times, and we still get turned around! We've ALWAYS missed a small section of one trail that gets us all sorts of confused when we try and work it out on the map.

One of my goals for this Summer is to map every single trail at Elbe with my rugged laptop's integral GPS. Then I will produce an accurate map in an electronic format so people can load it into their GPS and know exactly where they are and how to get where they want to go. There are many miles of unmarked, unnamed trails at Elbe. They criss-cross the main trails and access roads in the most confusing spiderweb mess of a trail system I've ever seen. The guys at NWJeepn will put it on their website. It's the 'go-to' site for trail information in the NW, even the DNR and FS have links on their sites to it.

Its March 25th, so just a few weeks away.

For your viewing pleasure(well, except the guys who filmed it)...

That poor blue two door. :ohno01: I guess there's no need for rock sliders once it looks like that.

Remind me not to go wheeling with you guys! I'll stick to our nice flat land with mud holes. No need for rock sliders down here.

James

That poor blue two door. :ohno01: I guess there's no need for rock sliders once it looks like that.

Remind me not to go wheeling with you guys! I'll stick to our nice flat land with mud holes. No need for rock sliders down here.

James

Well, that blue two door is a special case. We met him at one of the runs at Tahuya I think. Yeah, be beats that thing, but its his wheeler. Besides, you have a winch. What are you scared of?

I'm scared of making my truck look like that blue one! It hurt enough when I backed into a tree last year, yea I guess I'm a weeny. My winch is because I'm usually by myself when I'm hunting. I never had to use it while hunting but it did save my but once while playing where I knew I shouldn't have been.

I guess it would be more fun to get an old truck and not worry about damage but I can't keep up two.

James

I'm scared of making my truck look like that blue one!

Yeah, that's "Mike from Evans". He beats that poor truck harder than I've seen anyone beat any truck. It is completely stock, not even an idler brace! After wheeling with him a few times and seeing him back up and ram that thing over stuff the way guys with buggies do I have a lot more confidence in my truck making it home without breaking! A set of well built sliders and a rear bumper that wraps around to the rear wheel openings would have prevented 98% of his (and my) body damage.

• 2 weeks later...

"bump"

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. This is not a Pathfinder only journey(as Im bringing a couple of Jeep guys). As the day gets closer, I will post a meeting place and time(I was thinking of 9am at the new 4 million dollar rest area).

looks like im going! got my hitch installed and painted my rear bumper! gonna pull the mirrors tomorrow. :) then ill be "ready" as far as that goes!

we needs a meeting place, only a week away.

looks like im going! got my hitch installed and painted my rear bumper! gonna pull the mirrors tomorrow. :) then ill be "ready" as far as that goes!

we needs a meeting place, only a week away.

Yeah, I think meeting at the new rest area right there in Elbe will work just fine. Im gonna say 9am. If anyone has any issues, post it up!!!!!!

DONT FORGET YOUR DISCOVERY PASS!!!

Looks Like I am pulling out, will be out of town next weekend. Plus the rig isnt trail ready yet. Hopefully Ill have some cash by the next Jim Run. Have fun

Bum deal man. I know your rig has been giving you some issues as of late. We will see ya at the next one!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder