?

crash95

i need help??? on the drivers side of my 89 pathy 4x4 there is two items im not sure about....basically the little barrel that has a freespinning little plate and the big black cylinder with a few hoses going in/out it all just behind the drivers head light if anyone can tell me if these two things are 100%necessary for the running of the motor.....and also can someone give me a list of things that can be removed to add power and clean up engine bay?

i need help??? on the drivers side of my 89 pathy 4x4 there is two items im not sure about....basically the little barrel that has a freespinning little plate and the big black cylinder with a few hoses going in/out it all just behind the drivers head light if anyone can tell me if these two things are 100%necessary for the running of the motor.....and also can someone give me a list of things that can be removed to add power and clean up engine bay?

Pictures would help of the items in question. You need a more informative thread title, I can see you're new to forums in general, so that's okay. Just in the future, use a better title.

The black cylinder with hoses come out of it is generally called a charcoal canister, it's a smog related item that helps with fuel vapors from the gas tank. The other item also sounds smog related, and someone with a TBI truck should be able to help you out with identifying it.