Ordered my SFD today!

Let us know how it goes. I was going to get the 2" lift but this is way cool. I'm just wondering how this kit will stand up to off roading, it looks strong enough but I hope it's meant for serious dirt & it's not just a "posers" kit. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by theexbrit

it's definatley not a poser kit look in my pics; although I did weld the blocks on too just for added strength.

Cool! Looks like it holds up well from your pics. I'm still debating the 2" or 4" lift, I'm not sure what tires to go with so I guess the tries will be the deciding factor. You have 33's with your 4" lift right? Did you have to chop the body at all?

Kit should be going out Monday. Thanks for the order!

We have three kits going out that were ordered last week. One going to Russia and another one that will ultimately end up in Panama! I think that puts us at about 6 different countries that we've sent kits to.

:aok:

We have three kits going out that were ordered last week. One going to Russia and another one that will ultimately end up in Panama! I think that puts us at about 6 different countries that we've sent kits to.

:jacked: That's pretty awesome Andrew. Do you have a total count? Which kit was mine? :jacked:

It is a nice bit of clearance and based on what I've done with it, it can take quite a bit of flex/abuse.

Thanks! UPS or FEDEX?

If anyone is looking into the 2" Lift, I'll soon have Old Man Emu shocks for sale. 8)

It is a nice bit of clearance and based on what I've done with it, it can take quite a bit of flex/abuse.

Rick: So the 6.5" are the way to go with the SFD and OME lift springs? I have about the same front setup as you. I was going to wait to do the front, then measure. Any pics of your Pathy?

Thanks!

Rick: So the 6.5" are the way to go with the SFD and OME lift springs? I have about the same front setup as you. I was going to wait to do the front, then measure. Any pics of your Pathy?

Thanks!

Why get rid of the OME springs? Unless you don't want it that high, I'd say keep them for the full 5-6" of lift over just the 4".

Jose

Thanks!

I think the new kits come with a spacer for the rear so you can use your springs. Timmons will know I think that is what he used??

My springs are 5.5" lift wj springs and Rick's are 6.5" They didn't have the spacer for us so we just ran comparable springs both of us had to cut a little off to get the right height.

Edited by PaMountianbiker

Thanks!

I agree that you should verify the type of rear spring adapter that your getting.

Here is some decent information I posted about my rear spring decisions/experiments: Rear Coil Info

Thanks Rick!

It's the Kit plus the package.

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

Package Deal (F&R Brakelines, Panhard Drop Bracket, Bolt-on WJ adapters) - Add: $185

Andrew suggested the 5.5" springs, but I don't see them...Rusty's IROR...they all have 2.5, 4.5, and 6.5.

I'll check with Off Road Warehouse and 4 Wheel Parts next week. I figure I'll roll the A-holio Cali-lift for a week, or so to measure and make sure. I went with the heavy duty front springs due to the TJM bumper. If I find a deal, I'll go with the 6.5, if not, I'll drive around like this so noone recognizes me! :ph33r:

That's what I think I'll do. It would be nice to install everything at once, while I have the help rounded up and beer-cooler packed.

Couple of pics for reference. This thread might turn into my build thread. :)

Nice setup!! You can check this link with my install for reference if you will. I second the comment related to weld the kit... I am developing a nasty "click" sound that I need to check.

Good luck and post pics!

:beer:

Rick, I'm not even sure on a count of kits so far. Lots were sold before KrFabs was even started! It's well over 30 though.

Everything we ship goes Canada Post -> USPS since it is the cheapest option by far. These kits weight up to 44 lbs.

I'm on vacation right now... but I'll try my best to keep up on emails :D

Let us know how it goes. I was going to get the 2" lift but this is way cool. I'm just wondering how this kit will stand up to off roading, it looks strong enough but I hope it's meant for serious dirt & it's not just a "posers" kit. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let's check out the poser kit.

Nissan%20Front%20View.jpg

Ok, it's pretty clear that after you install the SFD as you see here, you will need to get longer shocks in the rear LOLOL. That's going to happen this weekend before I go out again.

Lets%20hear%20it%20for%20SFD.jpg

I think the new kits come with a spacer for the rear so you can use your springs. Timmons will know I think that is what he used??

My springs are 5.5" lift wj springs and Rick's are 6.5" They didn't have the spacer for us so we just ran comparable springs both of us had to cut a little off to get the right height.

I purchased the WJ 4" springs for the rear and also purchased the WJ adapters that had an extra 2" of lift from the adapter itself. Check out the pics and you can see where i welded it onto the purch. I now have a total of 6.5" of lift using the AC 2" spring for the front strut and 6.5" in the rear using the WJ 4" springs and adapters. Now the Pathy doesn't have that racked up look from the rear. 3rd picture

KR%20purch1.jpg

KR%20Purch2.jpg

Nissan%20Side%20View.jpg

Sweet Pathy Timmons!

What tension did you go with for the front springs?

I got the OME Heavy duty springs up front. Thought I would need them with the TJM bumper. The ride is pretty perfect.

They didn't carry a HD spring for the rear. OME only makes a medium.

I didn't opt for the extra 2" perch, so I will start with the 6.5" spring, then trim if needed.

Oh...and I truly hope my 30" tires don't look like donuts after the install... :/