Multiple Error Lights on...HELP!

So the other day my Pathfinder died just as I was pulling into the driveway. The next morning I start it up before going to work just to see if it was a weird "glitch". The truck started fine and ran smooth for about 10mins in driveway or until it reached operating temp (it takes a little longer to warm up here in Canada). Then it started idling rough and I turned it off before it died. NOW the weird part...for whatever reason the Battery, A/T Temp, and Parking brake lights were all illuminated on the dash while the truck was running!? I thought maybe my battery was toast so I charged it up all day and went at it again. Truck started fine but all of the same dash lights were still on in the dash?! I load tested the battery and it is good. I'm at a loss as what to do next as it is not throwing the check engine or service light? Any suggestions?

Key information: 2001.5 SE with auto transmission.

Thanks guys. I'll yank that thing out and test it and replace if necessary. Looking at the location of the alternator it looks like its going to be a major PITA to get to... :crossedwires:

Thanks again for the replies.

Edited by winnipegjohnston

Holy fcuking moly! It took me 4hrs out in the freezing cold to get the old alternator out and new one in. Most alternator removals take 5-10 minutes. I still haven't finished as I cant figure out how to get the back nut onto the upper alternator bolt? Any suggestions on how/where to get to it from? What an afternoon :headwall:

Have you tried yelling at it and threatening it with a chumpie 5lb sledge? :lol:

Haha, I threatened it with that and then some!! I didn't have a chance to get at it today, but I'm hoping tomorrow I can figure something out...

I'm not sure if I can wiggle needle nose pliers in to where I need to get the bolt. I'm going to try a "recovery magnet". I'll keep you posted. Seriously Nissan, the alternator should be indestructible if you're going to put it in such a stupid place. :scratchhead: