OME Installed, review and picture

Hey all, so I installed my OME springs this weekend and I thought some of you might be interested with the results. I installed HDs in front and MDs in rear. I replaced the struts with some heavy duty Monroe brand...rear shocks to go in when I have time. Install was a breeze.

I know there has been some debate on how much lift the OME springs actually give you. Well after measuring all four corners before and after I had an average height increase of ~50mm (2" = 50.8mm)...so basically 2". I am extremely happy with the ride quality. It rides more like a truck (stiffer) and at the same time seems way more composed and solid. I highly recommend.

Here is a picture after the install. Next are some wheel spacers and aggressive 31s. I hope some of you find this useful. Cheers.

Pathy.jpg

good stuff. the suspension should settle in a bit and come down to under 2". i haven't bothered to measure mine, but i'd assume right around a total of 1.5" all around. either way, it's higher.

i'm still debating on what route i'll be going. going with 16" steelies or moving down to 15" steelies. if i stay with the 16"s, i might run a 275/70R16 which would come out a bit larger than a 31". 265/70R16 are the P-metric equivalents of 31"s. only thing i'm racking my brain around is clearance of the caliper on the 15"s.

there are a handful of guys running 15"s with the 2G R50s like ours and clear just fine, but not sure if i want to stress over a few cm of space.

Looks sharp! :aok: Really like the colors, and just a quick weird question for ya, have you noticed the number of R50's you see around diminish after you got the lift?

Hehe because I used to see them all the time around town, then I put on my lift and would like to see the stock ones for you know, comparison. But now I hardly see any.

Looks sharp! :aok: Really like the colors, and just a quick weird question for ya, have you noticed the number of R50's you see around diminish after you got the lift?

Hehe because I used to see them all the time around town, then I put on my lift and would like to see the stock ones for you know, comparison. But now I hardly see any.

as for myself, i still see a good number of Pathys. what i tend to do now is when i look at other Pathys i wonder, "was my truck really that small?!"

it's kind of weird looking at stock height Pathys because they look so short and small to me now, and i don't even have bigger tires yet.

Thanks for the responses and compliments! I have yet to line up beside a stock Pathy to pull the old,"pffft look at you with your weak stock height." haha, jk. But what I'm really looking forward to is putting some 31s on it. Right now most people that don't know Pathfinders wouldn't even have a clue that it is a "lifted" rig. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the new suspension handles towing my 18' fibreglass boat.

Question on upgrading to 31s. So after looking at the lack of strut clearance that would dis-allow just swapping on 31s...I'm wondering if wheel spacers are a good idea and/or safe? Would you guys recommend just buying new rims with less offset? Thanks

Question on upgrading to 31s. So after looking at the lack of strut clearance that would dis-allow just swapping on 31s...I'm wondering if wheel spacers are a good idea and/or safe? Would you guys recommend just buying new rims with less offset? Thanks

This thread might have some useful info, but it's a lot to look over. Link

Alot of people in you situation just get different wheels, but your wheels look pretty nice and it would be more money to get similar wheels as apposed to some steelies.