Hood vents

58 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I mount these vents?

• Towards the front of the hood?
    • Towards the back of the hood?
    • Not put them on at all?

I tried my hand at a subaru (impreza outback sport) hood scoop install this past week.. Easier said than done but I definitely learned how to use a grinder lol null_zpscfa7a65e.jpg

null_zps35d00a27.jpg

null_zpsf5957064.jpg

And thank you passengerpete for the inspiration!

Edited by tdauria

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. It's actually a bumper for an XJ Cherokee, you have to cut the brackets & bend the edges (under the parking lights) out a little & it will fit. I like it because it's a really small bumper height wise & I wanted something minimal instead of a big arsed Tac Armor Group bumper or something similar. I'll get some photos together & make a build thread.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I ever posted a pic of my vents that I got locally, you can see them pretty well in this shot...........

2013-09-30184612_zps24a02703.jpg

with this vent system and the one you can see in your signature do you have any issues with water/mud(if you go mudding your pics look like you stick to dry/sand climates)?

• Like 1

Don't do a great deal of mudding, some water crossings (hence the snork). I haven't had any problems yet, I've had quite a bit of water go in the vents when I've been washing it but when you're doing water crossings the rear facing vents don't let any water in as long as you keep moving. Unlike a forward facing scoop which would actually channel water into the engine bay. With water the trick is to keep that bow wave pushing the water in front of you & off to the sides. I'll have better info after this winter, we should hit some water & mud before May or June next year.