Hood vents

58 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I mount these vents?

• Towards the front of the hood?
    • Towards the back of the hood?
    • Not put them on at all?

• 1 month later...

Nope. Now you get to hang your head in shame!

:( sad day.

In my local 4xgroup we have the "Pink Tow Hook Of Shame" that you have to keep on your vehicle if you had to call in someone from the group for a rescue when you get stuck. It stays on you until the next guy gets stuck and hollers SOS.

• Like 2

:( sad day.

In my local 4xgroup we have the "Pink Tow Hook Of Shame" that you have to keep on your vehicle if you had to call in someone from the group for a rescue when you get stuck. It stays on you until the next guy gets stuck and hollers SOS.

That sounds awesome! Good thing Nunya isn't in your group, nobody else would ever have the tow hook!

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that he knows about it what ya bet he makes him some pink ones. :lol:

My front tow hooks ARE pink :shrug: I see no shame in that!

On the hood scoop subject though since we're sharing (though I'm sure most people know my hood already)

424B464B-E3A8-4996-9371-E42330AE2DA8-569

F3DE0B3E-8E68-45A0-ACFD-9C6DED1209A9-569

93+ Hardbody hood mixed with the scoop cut out of a SR5 4runner (only functional, unlike how Toyota designed it :lol: )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So after a good deal of searching i finally got another hood from a hardbody pickup obviously it doesn't have the vents the pathfinder hood does and my temp gauge shows it i don't think its getting hot enough to cause any damage but its definitely warmer than normal operating temp and i'd like to install some sort of vents/scoop/louvers to remedy the issue and add a bit of style to my pathy personally i think a chevy style cowl induction would nice and accomplish what i want any ideas on styles companies to check out etc?

The smooth-face hood is actually making a difference? Even with the backs of the vents trimmed on mine I can't imagine it passes enough air to matter. Probably less air goes through those than gets blocked by the 'nissan' emblem on the grille. Besides, if the non-vented hood was causing overheating, I'd expect the people who run bug guards to have trouble, and they don't seem to.

I've seen some nice looking 'universal' vent kits on Fleabay lately. The Pathy hoods are pretty flat so they shouldn't be too hard to mount up.

Like i said it not a big difference in temp but it is running just a bit warmer and i'd just like to keep my motor as cool as possible plus i figure Nissan put the vents on there for a reason so i wanna either pull the hot air out or push some cool air in but i don't like the idea of a forward facing scoop which is why i was thinking a cowl induction type or if i find a universal style i like and feel like will accomplish what i want i may just mount it backwards to get a similar effect sounds strange i know but I've seen it done and it works

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...