how u say thesr words...

unccpathfinder

do you say them the same?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. same or different

I don't care for Bakersfield...or California for the most part and I wouldn't be upset if it fell off the map lol but it was a good experience living out there but I had my taste and had to get back home

You didn't visit North California, did you? North and south are like two different states...

It's always good to travel, even if it only makes you appreciate home more.

I have yet to meet a Canadian that says 'aboot'.

Adam does and you live near Adam so you say aboot tooo

Al-you-minimum

:lol:

B

B...yes I wheeled at Hollister...visited San Fran...helped a friend move to Livermore and hung out in that and the San Jose area...so cal is def more my speed...i lived in cal city/ tehachapi where I could go wheel and shoot within minutes but the laws in ca suck And so does smog...had fun there but the cost of living and all the bull@!*% laws really sucked...if I want an ar15 I shouldn't have to find a loophole in the law to use a bullet to release the magazine to make it legal...but hell ill come wheel lol great wheeling country out west

Actually you're a bit wrong. The briton accent is due to speeeking gaelic and having other languages introduced...ever hear english people sing? The accent dissapears completely...

And, Canadians say ab-out...not american a-bow-t. We also say roof and root, not NE american ruff and rutt. Which i always laugh at because they still say boot properly. And lets not even mention your louisiaaaaana or our east coasters

Edited by frecklecolouredbrain

?

I know the brits pronounce it differently... Al-you-mini-um.

I pronounce it A-lou-min-um.

Brits and Kiwi's too

Actually you're a bit wrong. The briton accent is due to speeeking gaelic and having other languages introduced...ever hear english people sing? The accent dissapears completely...

And, Canadians say ab-out...not american a-bow-t. We also say roof and root, not NE american ruff and rutt. Which i always laugh at because they still say boot properly. And lets not even mention your louisiaaaaana or our east coasters

Agreed about the singing part, lead singer of ACDC is so hard to understand when he speaks :lol:

In NZ we say

Si-bar-oo Subaru

Nis-inn not knee-sarn

Can't think of any more.

I thought about doing a youtube vid a while ago with all of us reading.... something then cutting the clips together to make it seamless, but I never thought of something NPORA could read out :D

Not like we are saving the world, but it would be pretty cool to hear all the accents :aok:

I thought about doing a youtube vid a while ago with all of us reading.... something then cutting the clips together to make it seamless, but I never thought of something NPORA could read out :D

Not like we are saving the world, but it would be pretty cool to hear all the accents :aok:

That's not a bad idea, my friend in Chicago did one of those, maybe I can steal what she read...

I heard Adam say "aboot" while he was visiting, and I could have probably died from laughing.

I think he purposfully kept from saying it infront of me... :shiftyeyes:

you calling me unliterate?

That's not a bad idea, my friend in Chicago did one of those, maybe I can steal what she read...

Would be cool to hear everyone's accents eh.

I think he purposfully kept from saying it infront of me... :shiftyeyes:

you calling me unliterate?

Not at all, just couldn't think of anything NPORA could say on youtube.

Maybe a plug for the best forum ever :D