Avoid Stadium Nissan!

enginerd

I know that most of you don't go to the dealer often (except Derek), as you do a lot of your own work. Well, not me, apparently I enjoy being ripped off.

The short story is all you really need:

When my truck was stolen and then recovered, there was damage to the driver door lock cylinder that I just got around to repairing. I bought a pair of lock cylinders from Stadium Nissan, but once I had the door apart, I didn't see how to replace the lock cylinder and could see additional damage, so I took it back to the dealer to let them take a crack at it.

After SEVERAL DAYS of calling them to get a status update (they didn't call me ONCE), they informed me that the parts "I gave them" were for the wrong model. Funny...

When they were "done", they told me that I needed a new master window switch, as mine wasn't working properly and the passenger side doors would go down but not up. When I took the doors apart when I got home, I found that they just didn't plug the harness connector in all the way.

They refused to give even a rough estimate of the costs of their work up to that point, when I called in on day 3, starting to worry about the bill.

In general, they showed a complete lack of interest in what I was asking for (either for services requested, quotes requested, or the basic courtesy of calling me if the work wouldn't be done that day.) They also demonstrated a surprising lack of knowledge of the vehicle. They refused to adjust my steering stops to stock specs due to my "oversize tires" and liability issues, though the tires are 31x10.5, same as stock.

That's the short version. You can imagine all the other crap in between. The sad part is that I can't even trust them for OEM parts.

At least it's over. Consider yourself warned.

Dude, that sucks. Next time you need some help, I would be glad to. I can get Nissan OEM parts probably cheaper than you bought them for. I know we are a bit away from each other, but bring it to me at work or otherwise. Sorry this happend to you. I would suggest calling the Nissan customer service line and let them know. Hey, maybe you will get a survey(prob not) and you can rip them a new one.

To everyone in the NW reading this, I would be more than happy to look at your rigs and answer any questions you got. Maybe we can set up a meet/greet/wrench day.

Sad news an my condolences on the bad experience but as stated, contact customer service as that's what its purpose is. And don't hold that experience against all dealerships, as any buissness you know there's gonna be good and bad, it may have sadly been the hard way but you helped weed out a bad one for your region.

I actually posted this after they sent me a survey and I tore them one. I gave them a month (extra time for holidays) to respond, and would have essentially let it go with an apology. But, no response, so I'm posting my experience where I can to let others know.

Silverton, I totally would have called you, but my motivation was actually free parking at the Monday night Seahawks game in December. I dropped it off at 3pm Monday, went tailgating and to the game, rode the bus home, and hoped to ride my bike back to pick it up the next day... but they didn't finish until end-of-day Friday. Anyway, as soon as I get a free weekend on the books, I'll see what you're up to and if you want to help.

5523, I love the idea of a wrench day. I'd gladly buy pizza and refreshments in exchange for the help!

I have wholesale accounts at two local Nissan dealers, Magic in South Everett and Younker in "Kenton". I also have the hookup at Infinity of Kirkland. If you need a bunch of parts or anything expensive don't hesitate to ask! Depending on what it is I get 25-50% off suggested list and most (all?) dealers in the NW sell for more than suggested list to retail customers.

Edited by Mr.510
  • Like 1