What Color Does This Look Like?

SchizophrenicMC

Craigslist Posting for 1995 Pathfinder

Does that Pathfinder look black or gunmetal? I don't know what all colors these trucks were sold in, but it doesn't look exactly black to me.

I ask because my truck is black and is in need of some exterior parts. I'm thinking of heading out there, but it's 30 miles from where I am, and that's a lot of gas for my budget.

hmm.. That's a weird one. If it wasn't so dirty, it would be much easier to tell.

From the front (except the hood), it almost looks like it's dark purple. And they made them in dark purple. Hardbodies at least.

From the back, it looks grey. I don't think it's black though.

Just call and ask.

It's like the interiors lol. Brown Grey, Blue Grey, and Grey.

HA. yeah. You sure do catch on fast.

eh..once the clear coat fades (about a week of the showroom floor), then it's hard to see the color unless you're looking dead on. The hood looked completely devoid of clear coat. The rest was just dirty.

To be honest, all you need for your truck is a hood right? I mean, you need more than that, but the other parts are generic. That Pathy in the ad looks GREAT for a parts vehicle, but it wouldn't be a good candidate for fixing up. It doesn't look very well cared for at all.

Here's my idea.. buy the truck, or the hood if you can I suppose. Just paint it. It already looks like the hood is primered (not as in "I think there's primer on the hood. As in It LOOKS like primer). The prep work wouldn't be that bad. The rest of the parts you need are the grill, core support, and bumper? The color of the truck doesn't matter with those parts.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Here's my idea.. buy the truck, or the hood if you can I suppose. Just paint it. It already looks like the hood is primered (not as in "I think there's primer on the hood. As in It LOOKS like primer). The prep work wouldn't be that bad. The rest of the parts you need are the grill, core support, and bumper? The color of the truck doesn't matter with those parts.

It doesn't look like primer to me; the S12 in my driveway next to it IS primer, and I've had that for some months now. Looks like faded gunmetal. I called and it's dark grey.

I'm thinking of getting the parts I need off that truck, because the underhood stuff is close enough, the grille is the same, and the light assmblies are all the same. I might just deal with the off-color hood, because I can't find any black ones in the area, and I hate spray painting cars. Spray paint is for props and costumes, not cars.

its a dark grey. my terrano was the same colour. a good polish and it would come up nice. but the closest colour i could get here in australia was gun metal grey but it was lighter

Get the hatch too and just tell people it's a REALLY wide racing stripe! :rofl:

lol, but the hatch says XE, and I gotta have my SE pride xD

I clicked on a picture, and it says its gray. I always wanted to call it charcoal.

Link

When I looked, I didn't see that. Must have skipped over details.