Bent rear shock mount?

Ok,

So i noticed today that my passenger rear bottom shock mount looks bent. But whats funny is that from the ground to the center of the bolt on both passenger and driver side bottom mounts it measures 8 3/8". Measured from flat concrete in my garage.

Heres a pic of the rear

Christmas2011013.jpg

Christmas20110121.jpg

Driver side

to me the bottom of the mount looks level with the ground...

Christmas2011017.jpg

Passenger side

to me the mount looks bent... the bolt also is angled more towards the ground compared to the driver side. I know the pics are the greatest but does it look funny to you?

Christmas2011020.jpg

Christmas2011016.jpg

I think the bolt looks bent in this last pic

How can it look bent but the measurements are the same? and is that a good way to take a measurement??

Am I going crazy or can somebody confirm this for me with their 01+ Pathy...Cuz i do believe earlier generations have reverse shock mounts...

thanks

Keep the laughing to a minimum :lol:

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Mines kinda the same, dont know why.

Is it possible that you could take a pic of your shock mounts when you get a chance?

id like to see a good comparison...

I know some ppl will think im crazy for checking this out...but this really questions me...

Thanks

Is it possible that you could take a pic of your shock mounts when you get a chance?

id like to see a good comparison...

I know some ppl will think im crazy for checking this out...but this really questions me...

Thanks

Yep you are crazy :rolleyes: I say unbolt and slide the shock off the mount and inspect for damage. If there are no cracks or really noticeable bends then :itsallgood:

I would get you a picture of mine but they have been cut and shortened so its not much of a comparison.

Was under mine today and noticed the EXACT same thing, right side looked lower. Looks exactly like yours if it helps you sleep.

Ok just looking for confirmation. Thanks. I just thought it was interesting that i noticed it now and not while installing shocks.

Yah optical illusions are funny and sometimes bother me :lol: Ill try to get better pics soon...

• 4 months later...

I just signed up after finding this on the web.

I have exactly the same issue with RHS mount.

Rubber bushes disintergrated on a trip requiring removal of shockers.

When replacing bushes, I investigated and found:-

THERE IS A LARGE HOLE manufactured IN THE SIDE OF THE MOUNT, WHEEL SIDE

IT IS VERY HARD TO SEE

A BUCKLE (BEND) CAN BE FELT IN THE SMALL AMOUNT OF METAL THAT IS LEFT.

LHS IS MANUFACTURED THE SAME, BUT IS NOT BENT.

Any thoughts, remedies

Its probably just the design of the mount, no need to worry about it as long as the shock still cycles without any issues.

Very true, I think my rubber issue was due to no crush tubes being fitted when lift kit was installed by local garage. :angry:

And Phantom your not crazy or seeing illusions, The actual frame for the mount is bent, the bolt(pin) is perfectly ok.

:deadhorse: Nissan saved two ounces of weight to cause this.

You would probably have to remove the brake drum backing plate to get a photo.

Hope this helps.

Very true, I think my rubber issue was due to no crush tubes being fitted when lift kit was installed by local garage. :angry:

And Phantom your not crazy or seeing illusions, The actual frame for the mount is bent, the bolt(pin) is perfectly ok.

:deadhorse: Nissan saved two ounces of weight to cause this.

You would probably have to remove the brake drum backing plate to get a photo.

Hope this helps.

thanks davo...its been a while since ive looked under my truck to figure this out, but good to know others are designed the same way. got to deal with a EVAP leak...hmmm

I think this is how it is made.....

The RHS BENT ONLY and the shocker doesn't line up when top mount is unbolted,

Unlikly but I'm open to all input.

Has anybody NOT put heavy duty shocks on the back and remained with the originals,

I'm guessing these will be OK.

• 2 weeks later...