Other OEM wheels what are you running? nissan, toyota, chevy etc...

speedbuggy67

I did a search for guys running other OEM wheels whether other nissan(frontier xterra, 720series etc), chevy, toyota, and how they fit and if you had to change lugnuts or use oem pathfinder ones. IF your running other then "lego's" or chrome XE wheels post up your pics. Personally i feel oem wheels quality is high and generally used prices are low. I recently saw a hardbody 2wd running late 90's tahoe/suburban/yukon silver twist wheels and im thinking of putting SC nissan frontier/xterra's on my 92 pathfinder. I can use those daily and for true offroading can always swap on stockers or just leave them as prices are reasonable. I know the early 2000's late 90's tacoma/4runner wheels don't fit well on our trucks what else does or doesn't.....

Scott

IF you have pics post em up!

Ok i have looked into every stock will possible for our trucks and i will give you what i have found and know.

Also the 2WD nissan can use the chevy wheels becuase they lack the 4wd hub which cause the cehvy wheels not to fit if your 4wd with out work.

The stock companies you will be able to use are Nissan, Toyota, Isuzu, Honda(passport), Chevy (mods required).

Honda passport is a Isuzu rodeo so those wheels will work.

Chevy stock rims will require work due to the small center bore. The center bore will need to be enlarged for it to work.

Another note for Nissan is the titan rims have a small center bore also and will need to be drilled out.

Also note that most 00+ newer nissan and toyota rims have 4.75 BS or higher making the wheels tuck in which isnt the best for bigger tires to if you do go with those you might need spacers depending on wheels.

I personally run rims fron a 95 isuzu rodeo they have the same backspace and look just like the SOFT 8 but cost 8 dollars at the junkyard.

As for your vehicles here you go.

92-95 Isuzu rodeo / Honda Passport 15X6 3.75 BS

16x7.5 3.75 BS

96-99 Isuzu rodeo / Honda Passport 15x7 4.25 BS

16x7 4.5 BS

Nissan Xterra/ Nissan Frontier 16x7 5.0 BS

84-85 toyota solid axle 15x7 3.5 BS

86-95 Toyota truck / 4runner 15x7 4.25 BS

96-99 Toyota tacoma / 4runner 16x7 4.75 BS

96-99 Toyota tacoma 15x7 4.25 BS

00+ toyota tacoma / 4runner 16x8 4.5 BS

05+ toyota tundra/sequoia 16x8 4.75 BS

05+ Nissan frontier/ xterra 16x8 5.00 BS

88+ Chevy trucks Heavy duty 6 lug 16x7 4.75 BS

92-00 isuzu Trooper 16x7 5.25 BS

Edited by wd21overland

There's 2 wd21s I can picture in my sad running sr5 aluminum Toyota 4 spokers, they require different lugs (I'll look them up when I'm on my desktop comp if one of them don't chime in before hand), Colbywan and his ZAV have six spokers off a newer Nissan that the hub had to be bored on (check his members rides thread, they DO look sweet and blend with his trucks look beautifully IMO). Laxman I belive had S/C Xterra wheels on his r50 and had to work the hubs as well if my memory serves me right. There was a wd21 for sale on here (can't remember if it was a part out or truck sale) that had chevy steelies on it (with hub work as well). That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll try to hunt some of those pics later as well (if I don't forget :lol: )

There's 2 wd21s I can picture in my sad running sr5 aluminum Toyota 4 spokers, they require different lugs (I'll look them up when I'm on my desktop comp if one of them don't chime in before hand), Colbywan and his ZAV have six spokers off a newer Nissan that the hub had to be bored on (check his members rides thread, they DO look sweet and blend with his trucks look beautifully IMO). Laxman I belive had S/C Xterra wheels on his r50 and had to work the hubs as well if my memory serves me right. There was a wd21 for sale on here (can't remember if it was a part out or truck sale) that had chevy steelies on it (with hub work as well). That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll try to hunt some of those pics later as well (if I don't forget :lol: )

Thanks for reminding me the early 4runner / truck rims that are 4 spoke aluminum do require Acorn lugs nuts that have a small shaft that goes into the rim unlike regular lug nuts.

Here is a link to a site that will let you look at all rims for factory vehicles. there lug pattern , what lug nuts they use and also the rims weight.

http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/customer/home.php

Older Chevy/GMC wheels will fit, referring to 91 and earlier styles.

this site below let's you search by number of lugs and bolt pattern and will list every vehicle that uses that pattern, also displays center bore sizes:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=6&StudSpreadInch=5.5&StudSpreadMM=

Edited by ahardb0dy

http://colbywan.smugmug.com/Cars/Pathfinder/i-DcJtVZR/0/XL/2011-10-2211-45-31HDR-XL.jpg

Titan 17s (pic belongs to colbywan)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/95pathy/evans_creek_07_29_10/IMG_2231.jpg

toyota steelies (image belongs to silverton)

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac57/joshasta/IMG_3851.jpg

sr5 4 spokers (picture belongs to shasdakota)

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac57/joshasta/IMG_3912-2.jpg

painted sr5 4 spokers (also shasdakota's pic)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/damattman24/HPIM1183.jpg

s/c Xterra wheels (TheMattMan would be this pics owner)

theres a couple wd21s with other stock wheels on em for ya :aok:

Older Chevy/GMC wheels will fit, referring to 91 and earlier styles.

this site below let's you search by number of lugs and bolt pattern and will list every vehicle that uses that pattern, also displays center bore sizes:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=6&StudSpreadInch=5.5&StudSpreadMM=

Gotta bore the hubs still, had some of the 'steel rally' six luggers with the bolt on centers and chrome trim rings. (these guys https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfTTuRux_Ai5ZEzHrD-pvld0Ldjs7oaJTxv9ZH0KZqDEyHp0d25g ) they don't fit over the hubs without help.

looked back at the chart on that website it says 67-87 have a 108mm center bore must be 4wd's only down further on the chart shows same year with a smaller center bore, the only difference between the 2 listings are the lug sizes, the larger taking 1/2" lugs the smaller 7/16". Chart says Nissan center bore is 100mm. Just going by what they are saying I haven't measured anything personally, and it's been a real long time since I had a Chevy rally wheel in my hands,lol

looked back at the chart on that website it says 67-87 have a 108mm center bore must be 4wd's only down further on the chart shows same year with a smaller center bore, the only difference between the 2 listings are the lug sizes, the larger taking 1/2" lugs the smaller 7/16". Chart says Nissan center bore is 100mm. Just going by what they are saying I haven't measured anything personally, and it's been a real long time since I had a Chevy rally wheel in my hands,lol

Correct the older pre 88 model year change does have the proper center bore.

The 67 to 87 1500 4x4 will have the 15x7 with 3.75 BS

The 67 to 87 2500 4x4 will have the 16x7 with 3.75 BS

The only down fall will be finding the stock rims in a junkyard ( at least where i live) since most are either still in use or someone has changed the rims in the 25+ years.

But if you can find them your good to go.

The only down fall will be finding the stock rims in a junkyard ( at least where i live) since most are either still in use or someone has changed the rims in the 25+ years.

I doubt anyone would want a steel wheel made for a truck from that long ago but a good deal is hard to pass up I guess.

Being that there both 4x4s theres just one little diffrence, chevy 3/4 tons from that era are 8 lug.

Being that there both 4x4s theres just one little diffrence, chevy 3/4 tons from that era are 8 lug.

Thats true but they do have 2500 4x4 in that era that are 6 lug with light duty package and 8 lug with heavy duty package.

Not all 2500 were 8 lug same goes for the 88+ chevy truck era you can get a 6 lug 2500 with light duty package.

I used to work on them all the time at the chevy dealership most of the telphone repair trucks were 2500 with light duty package 6 lugs(Heavy duty springs and axxles but still 6 lug.

Edited by wd21overland

Yeah, I know the 88+ had a light duty one that was 6 lug, but they also had a heavy half ton that I believe was a 8 lug in the same era.

Hell my uncle has a 88 c2500 with a 4.3 v6 and a 14 bolt 6 lug rear. (I'm probly gonna rob it of its rear axle soon)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=120195

Read this, its for chevys but it has some good info on what may fit 21's. Looks like Ram 50 -89 mazda's and a few others will all interchange with 21's and 67-89 box chevy (only 4x4 wheels)

Edited by nismothunder

I just bought a set of these for 80 for all 4 with the center caps. I am waiting on the tires to come so i can get them mounted and install them. I plan to paint them black like i did with my factory legos

01 02 03 04 TOYOTA TACOMA TUNDRA 16x7 SILVER STEEL WHEEL (no idea the backspacing but it looks close to the stock legos)

69412BU2.jpg

Edited by edicer2

Yeah, I know the 88+ had a light duty one that was 6 lug, but they also had a heavy half ton that I believe was a 8 lug in the same era.

Hell my uncle has a 88 c2500 with a 4.3 v6 and a 14 bolt 6 lug rear. (I'm probly gonna rob it of its rear axle soon)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=120195

Read this, its for chevys but it has some good info on what may fit 21's. Looks like Ram 50 -89 mazda's and a few others will all interchange with 21's and 67-89 box chevy (only 4x4 wheels)

That would be a nice axle indeed.

very interesting info, thanks for contributing hopefully others find it as helpful. @nunya those example pics are great! I found a great deal for 4 17in SC xterra wheels for 400 with tires with 13k miles on them. Only problem is the tires evidently are 245's not 265's. 245's are 30in tires not 31 like the 265's. My 31's are dryrotting and i should replace them even though the treat is great. I figure 4 at tires mounted and balanced plus disposal runs about 600 maybe slightly less so 400 was a deal plus a new look. I forgot all about the rodeo wheels i remember them now. I'm a fan of the 97 hardbody wheels too just rarely see them. I don't wheel like i used to but thats not to say the path doesn't get worked hard doing housechores to depot, lowes, landscaping etc etc. NJ isn't exactly an easy place to find a trail...

im running what i believe to be old chevy rims? they are steel 15x10 with a very low offset and very deep dish. they were originally white with one red and one blue stripe around the edge of the rim. they fit quite wide on the pathy but look very nice with flares. :) came free with the truck so i just powder coated them gunmetal and called it a day.

398595_10151070351745504_764055503_22021523_848866050_n.jpg

399883_10151133305420504_764055503_22338986_1464984089_n.jpg

386249_10151133305055504_764055503_22338985_649509205_n.jpg

love the duratracs, and they're pretty light compared to many tires and fairly reasonable about the price of BFG at's. I think im passing on the supercharged xterra wheels i looked at 400bucks for 4 with almost new long trails but they're 245/65/17 which are 30in tall not 31 like the 265/65/17. keep the pics coming look great.

Scott

Yeah I am running 33x12.5x15 duratracs and I agree with how light they are!! Even with the heavy steel rims they dont seem to weigh a whole lot more than my OEM 29s? lol. i mean they are heavier but not THAT much heavier. They are still not bad to take on and off the truck, pretty easy actually.

seems this with the economy everyone is looking for more economical answers with tires. I'm still amazed how many people rave about the falken wild peaks, and they look like street tires. What ever happened to the days of guys running super swampers or ground hawgs. Duratracs weigh in what most all terrains or even street tires weigh and they're pretty aggressive compared to an AT. I'm still skeptical on wild peaks but they're cheap esp on vulcantire.com ROughly 30 bucks less a tire less then the duratracs though.

Scott