replacement electric connector

Derrik

The electrical connector on the wire harness became brittle (1991 pathfinder) and snapped when I was disconnecting it during a starter motor replacement. The local stores (Napa, O'Reilly, Autozone) don't have a repair kit available (or don't know how to find it), and the Nissan dealer just looked at it and said "nope; you have to buy the wiring harness." Where do people get their replacement electrical connectors?

Some connectors are available, but not all. In the service department, they should have a master wiring repair kit. It contains many common connectors as well as the pins inside of them. There are some pigtail harnesses also. Just gotta talk to the right people. Parts guys usually dont have knowledge of this kit.

In the service department, they should have a master wiring repair kit. It contains many common connectors as well as the pins inside of them. There are some pigtail harnesses also. Just gotta talk to the right people. Parts guys usually dont have knowledge of this kit.

Thanks! this is beautiful! I want one for Christmas. :bounce: <-- this guy would be perfect with a Santa cap.

did what vagabond did on my truck...the gf's trucks OPS is just danglin...if it blows up it blows up...she wouldnt ever look at the dummy lights anyways...

oh really??? whaa?? When I was re-installing the starter I forgot to plug in the oil pressure sensor and the light came on. It was driving me crazy. As soon as I plugged it in, the light turned off immediately.

oh really??? whaa?? When I was re-installing the starter I forgot to plug in the oil pressure sensor and the light came on. It was driving me crazy. As soon as I plugged it in, the light turned off immediately.

Sounds like the connecter was grounding out

If you have a Carquest Auto parts store near you, go in and ask the oldest guy there (preferably over 60) for the giant catalouge with the electrical connectors in it.

It is about 5 inches thick.

The closet nissan dealer to me has been there for 40 years at least it seems and i don't think they ever get rid of anything so they had the connectors for me when i broke the water temp sensor connector.

I think it was about $3 so you can check there or auto parts store.

If all else fails a normal female connector will work i just use the ones with heat shrink on them to keep the water out.

• 10 months later...