2013 Pathfinder

jwblue

So they replaced it with a CAR-50? see what i did there. XD childishness wins again.

i don't know many cars that have a solid rear axle with a 5-link coil suspension lol IMO The rear suspension is what makes the pathfinder a decent wheeler. I doubt they will ever bring that back. They even pussyfied the patrol :thumbsdown: I hope they don't change the Xterra(ble) too much. I have always admired the wrangler because they never farked with the original design. It's now becoming the only choice for a good, out-of-the-box wheeler.

The new "Pathfinder"/JX looks like a Vezna and probably wheels like one too. Someone mentioned safety-nuts and the EPA for the downfall of capable, durable SUV's. You can add suburban soccer moms, Consumer Reports, "progressive" auto designers, shareholders, accountants and far left-wing environmental activists to the list too. :my2cents:

help us, dududuckling! you're our only hope!! lol

Edited by nige

I really don't know what Nissan is thinking... First they butcher the Pathfinder's lineage with the hideously oversized and no-fun R51 and JA60 Armada/QX56... My apologies to R51 and JA60 owners on this board. Then, they ruin their legendary flagship SUV (the Safari/Patrol) with the most hideous, gut-wrenching, vomit-inducing piece of crap by replacing the JA60 with the current model... Despicable. Now, they're going to further discredit the Pathfinder's lineage with a replacement that will share the same chassis as the Murano, Altima and Maxima... What the crap?! :rant2:

Sorry for the rant... But I'm looking straight at you, Nissan, when I say, "the horror... The horror."

23.jpg

This is a Nissan Juke and it is most likely the real successor of the Pathfinder. Look at how the door handles are on that! It may be an under-powered, slow, and ugly piece of equipment but it is quite capable (for what it is anyway). The CVT turbo model may actually be worth something. The CVT is good when combined with a turbo because it has the ability to keep the boost at its maximum.

Edited by Tungsten

I think I'm gonna have to stick to my tried-and-true method of only owning pre-95 Nissans. Pathfinders, S-chassis, Skylines, Z's - all better driver's cars than the crap out now. Used to be a car was something you DROVE. Now it's a means by which to quickly get to work and the store. In that case, might I suggest we stop manufacturing cars, altogether, and improve mass transit infrastructure? It's all the same, and "greener".

I despise FWD, I refuse to buy anything without a clutch pedal, and if it has more than 2 doors and a hatch, it's either a E36, or it's got a transfer case, if it wants to be on my driveway.

I thought Nissan was better than this. I thought they'd let Toyota and Honda make the big screwup, while continuing to put out good cars and innovating. (Isn't Innovation Nissan's motto?) I mean, Nissan is one of two of the 4 Japanese automakers that still has an (albeit small) same-badge sport line. (And Mazda only has the MX5 Miata now) I never expected they'd take their storied sport-ute and turn it into a useless family car on the Altima platform. 2013 Pathfinder? More like 2013 Stanza Wagon.

Only way Nissan's gonna redeem themselves now, in my eyes, is if they redesign the Xterra to be worth something, and introduce a small RWD sport coupe, a la the old Nissan SX.

Just wondering what everyone thoughts about the 2012 nissan pathfinder.

There going away from the truck frame again and it will now be based off of the nissan maxima car chassis.

I was happy when it they went back to a frame again but sad to see it go back looks like xterra will be the last surving truck frame suv in there line up.

Here is the motortrend article on it.

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/detroit/2012/1112_2012_detroit_2013_nissan_pathfinder/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ycCSj3FNxPE

How do I embed a video? I selected the "insert media" icon, but it did not work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ycCSj3FNxPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zDaNn1D4dJc

Edited by jwblue

Doesn't sound like much of a Pathfinder to me, but I'm not the one with 20 grand or more to spend on a brand new vehicle either.. If I did I might like one, but I'd probably even pick an r51 over that. If/when I get a Nissan made this century it will be an Xterra, I like my trucks more offroad than on..

How do I embed a video? I selected the "insert media" icon, but it did not work.

Type:

[media ]copy and paste link to video here[/media ]

(no space between "media" and "]" on both ends)