2013 Pathfinder

jwblue

2013-nissan-pathfinder.jpg

2012-nissan-pathfinder-redesign.jpg

2013-nissan-pathfinder%252520%25283%2529.jpg

http://jeffldunham.blogspot.com/2011/07/2012-2013-nissan-pathfinder.html

Love the sleek look.

The Patrol overseas is supposed to be redesigned as well.

X-Terra will be new also.

I was thinking about getting an Land Rover LR4, but would consider one of these.

Edited by jwblue

As I have been saying everywhere people have been posting "redesigned Nissan SUVs", door handles on the rears are all wrong...

Personal opinion, that looks like a Honda Pilot to me. Looks better than that Murano lookin growth that was posted in poho though.

It's FWD or AWD unibody that is far closer to a minivan with 'styling' than all terrain vehicle that the Pathfinder used to be.

The Pathfinder is officially dead...

B

Does being a unibody mean it will not perform as well offroad? I have not done a lot of offroading.

Does being a unibody mean it will not perform as well offroad? I have not done a lot of offroading.

Not necessarily, r50s are unibody and look at the abuse people here put them through (Jeep xjs and grand Cherokees are too). It's the minivanish fwd/AWD base that's the demise

• Like 1

Not necessarily, r50s are unibody and look at the abuse people here put them through (Jeep xjs and grand Cherokees are too). It's the minivanish fwd/AWD base that's the demise

I assume FWD/AWD refers to front wheel drive/all wheel drive. What exactly is that? How is that different than the R50 and WD21 and how does it effect off road performance?

As for how it looks, I wouldn't care as long as it performs.

Edited by jwblue

It's FWD or AWD unibody that is far closer to a minivan with 'styling' than all terrain vehicle that the Pathfinder used to be.

The Pathfinder is officially dead...

B

Yep. its all done. Hopefully the redesigned xterra doesn't suck, too.

I heard through the grapevine, that Nissan is going to kill the Xterra soon. They killed the Armada(patrol) in the U.S.(unless you want to buy a QX56), and the Pathfinder will be the flagship SUV. If it shares the JX platform, it should be a nice SUV or(regretably)Crossover. The JX is raising a lot of eyebrows at the moment.

Ward’s Auto is reporting that Nissan may be killing off the Xterra soon due to poor sales.

“There’s one high-volume vehicle left (in the segment) and that’s (the Jeep) Wrangler,” says Larry Dominique, vice president-advanced product and product planning and strategy of Nissan. “Everybody else has dropped out due to really low volumes. With (new U.S. corporate average fuel economy rules) Xterra’s going to be a tough vehicle to keep around.”

Sales in the Xterra’s segment have dropped dramatically over the last couple of years. Nissan sold 88,578 Xterras in the US back in 2000, but just 12,186 so far this year, although sales are up from last year. Moreover, the new fuel economy standards will force Nissan to create a more fuel-efficient lineup, which means they will likely need to either redesign the Xterra or get rid of it.

Nissan’s two other midsize light trucks, the Pathfinder and Frontier, should live on. “(The) Pathfinder will live on,” said Dominique. He also hints that it may live on in a new form, saying “How it will live on, wait to see. There’s no reason to get rid of a 3-row crossover or SUV.”

As for the Frontier, it is the 3rd best-selling compact pick-up in the US, and getting rid of it would seem like a crazy idea. “With Frontier, we have 12% (U.S.) market share in compact light trucks,” Dominique says. “We’re one of the innovators. We’re not leaving that segment. It’s an important segment for us globally.”

Sales on the Pathfinder and Frontier are up this year as well, making their demise even less likely. However, the Xterra is at risk, and only time will tell if the model will survive.

Source: Ward’s Auto via Autoblog

“There’s one high-volume vehicle left (in the segment) and that’s (the Jeep) Wrangler,” says Larry Dominique........(new U.S. corporate average fuel economy rules) Xterra’s going to be a tough vehicle to keep around.”

So, the Xterra can't meet the new fuel economy rules, but the Wrangler can?? :scratchhead:

B

So the new nissan confirmed pathfinder is what appears to be a murano or rogue or whatever. Lame.

Looks like nissan 4x4s will be widdled down to the Frontier (I thought I read somewhere that the Titan was being axed?)

Fine by me. Rather have no 4x4 than a crossover deemed SUV (a la 2011 exploder, anyone?)

funny thing is, all these CUVs get mileage that isn't so great as the station wagons and sedans of yesteryear. Our 96 camry with the 2.2(?), 5 speed and 181k miles consistantly gets hand calculated 42ish hihgway.

Yet the brand new ford whatevers are "boasting" 40mpg. . . . 16 years later. You;d think that given the amount of time, they'd be offering us a 60mpg car. el oh el.

Consumer demand works only so much. There is a demand for a small, fuel efficient pickup. Not really happening here, aside from the Ranger. (Frontier and Taco are somewhat fuel efficient, but no diesels here)

So sorry to get off topic

On topic- the "new" pathfinder isn't much of a pathfinder at all. Ill take my unibody (that carried about 200ish lbs of wood chips today)

Edited by Der_Vier

funny thing is, all these CUVs get mileage that isn't so great as the station wagons and sedans of yesteryear. Our 96 camry with the 2.2(?), 5 speed and 181k miles consistantly gets hand calculated 42ish hihgway.

Yet the brand new ford whatevers are "boasting" 40mpg. . . . 16 years later. You;d think that given the amount of time, they'd be offering us a 60mpg car. el oh el.

Consumer demand works only so much. There is a demand for a small, fuel efficient pickup. Not really happening here, aside from the Ranger. (Frontier and Taco are somewhat fuel efficient, but no diesels here)

Yes but you forgot the fact that vehicles have increased in weight and size because of tougher safety regulations put on the automakers. Also don't forget that the average engine power output from the same displacement has gone up with better technology to account for the increase in weight. So while the fuel economy numbers have remained the same or got even slightly worse over the years, the weight and power have increased over time.