truck not starting after A/T to M/T swap

1994SEV6

long story short, my dad and I FINALLY got everything hooked up. We go to start it and no go. All the lights work fine, the interior lights, headlights. We tested the battery, it's good.

When I go to start it, NOTHING. It doesn't turn over at all. I will go triple check the starter for connectivity, but it's not trying to start. Sometimes ( one out of three times maybe) it will give one quiet click as I take it off the START position.

I read somewhere that I needed to jump the Part-Neutral relay? I assume that is the same as the Clutch Inhibit relay? I tried to jump that, but I'm sure I did it wrong. I couldn't find a thread around here for the Park-Neutral Relay or Neutral Safety Switch or Clutch Inhibitor relay (are these the same or three entirely different things?). I looked.

Does the clutch need buttons on it? When I got the clutch pedal from the donor, the truck had two buttons. I assumed these were for cruise control? I have the buttons, but I couldn't find connectors. I know all the wiring harnesses are the same, but that plug must be tucked up somewhere real good.

Edited by 1994SEV6

I got it!!!!!!!!

I had to type in some obscure combination of words and a guy had the same problem as me. A very helpful person told me to solder two wires together. What a lifesaver. I swear I owe him.

I suppose a mod should lock this?

ok man

MTIgnitionwiring.jpg

the plug on the left of the picture where the brown and black wires come out is what you need to splice together. I honestly just intertwined the wires and then wrapped electrical tape around them as I was supposed to hook it all up to the safety switch etc - but never got around to that.

Does that help?

You dont need to swap out ECUs from auto to manual - if you were going manual to auto then you would.

Edited by 1994SEV6
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got it!!!!!!!!

I had to type in some obscure combination of words and a guy had the same problem as me. A very helpful person told me to solder two wires together. What a lifesaver. I swear I owe him.

I suppose a mod should lock this?

Thanks sooooo much...life saving info...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk