Laxman0324 is back! Except not in a Pathfinder...

laxman0324

So I had a nice 6 month stint with a 2011 Civic Si...had lots of fun with the VTEC and corner carving suspension but reality slapped me in the face every time I drove the car for more than an hour when my back hurt the rest of day...

Enter my 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4WD...My heart wanted to get the TRD offroad model with the locker and skid plates and all that but in reality it will never be challenged enough to use that stuff so the Sport model with the painted everything and nicer wheels was the choice to make...

013.jpg

015.jpg

Not a fan of that particular wheel personally but am happy they made the front end components look like they were actually made for them now compared to the 4gen 4runner style cobbed together parts bin look. Enjoy it though :aok:

congrats!

Honda has yet to impress me with their interior. all of their seats, leather packages, luxury packages, etc. are all garbage to me. they all feel like rock. their motorcycle seats are no better. not comfortable whatsoever. the seats are the first things to go on any Honda bike that i've ever owned.

i don't think i'll ever own a Toyota, to be honest. there are quite a few things that really annoy me about Toyota, but that's just me. it's a nice truck, nonetheless!

Very Nice, I love it. I like those so much I even thought about importing one over here, but then I remembered I can't even afford the truck so I definitely can't afford the truck and the cost of importing it. Or the Total Chaos race suspension with fiberglass fenders and Fox shocks at every corner :shrug:

Nice truck man! I've always loved Tacomas. They only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of ingenuity on the motor/drivetrain. The MPG on those trucks are horrible for a modern v6...might as well buy a Tundra with a v8 and nearly the same fuel mileage. If toyota brings some innovation to the next gen, I could see myself buying one.

Not a fan of that particular wheel personally but am happy they made the front end components look like they were actually made for them now compared to the 4gen 4runner style cobbed together parts bin look. Enjoy it though :aok:

Thanks, I test drove the Frontiers as well and honestly it was no comparison...the Tacoma felt so much more solid and the engine felt like it had more torque off the line, you really had to wring the Frontier out to get to the power...

Nice truck man! I've always loved Tacomas. They only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of ingenuity on the motor/drivetrain. The MPG on those trucks are horrible for a modern v6...might as well buy a Tundra with a v8 and nearly the same fuel mileage. If toyota brings some innovation to the next gen, I could see myself buying one.

I can appreciate that...the same motor in the FJ cruiser and the 4Runner is making 270hp, only 240hp in the Tacoma. As far as MPG I spent a good bit of time looking on Taco and Frontier forums and real world economy was pretty similar for the stock trucks...

Congrats..and enjoy. Pick ups are nice but i am more of a Suv kind a guy.They all have their pros and cons.

I just got married a couple months ago and with us getting a house at some point soon (hopefully) a pickup made more sense. Her next vehicle will be an SUV and mine will be based on my needs at the time... I miss the SUV but the cargo area got trashed because of all of the dirty @!*% I would throw back there...

How dare you post a Toyota on a Nissan Site :P

:puterpunch:

Nice truck, Mike. Please tell me you have plans for it, i.e., lift and all that schwag. ;)

Ty, whats good man? How is the QX4?

For a little while I have no plans for it (wife put a **** block on it)...at some point I would like to level it and lift in the future, skids, sliders, FJ cruiser TRD Anthracite wheels, TRD exhaust and intake, etc. TRD makes a factory backed supercharger for these bad boys but its $3,500 or so...Maybe if I win the lottery

Nice truck!

My Pathy too will soon being going. My stepdad decided that he wanted to get me something less rusty. I'm thinking a 1st generation Tacoma!

LOL you mean those trucks that Toyota bought back at 1.5x kbb value because of the insane frame rust?

Actually, I'm getting one that is post recall. The frame rot was a problem on the post '99 models if I remember correctly. I'm looking for an '01-'04 model.

Even still, the ones that were recalled got brand new better designed frames...

Actually, I'm getting one that is post recall. The frame rot was a problem on the PRE '99 models if I remember correctly. I'm looking for an '01-'04 model.

Even still, the ones that were recalled got brand new better designed frames...

I fixed it for you.

Got brand new better designed frames...?

What do you mean?

They crushed the trucks.

The owners got 1.5x kbb value

Do you mean the trucks AFTER 1999 received the redesigned frames?

Oh yeah, watch out for the 2.7l engine FYI.

The 2.7l has this weird tick.

Within a few thousand miles of driving the truck off of the dealership lot, the engines would have rod knocks.

Toyota completely denied it even though it sounds like a jackhammer.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Frame rot is actually an issue on both year ranges... reigon of origin being a factor in the speed/severty as well. This thread is about Laxman's new truck, remember this with your posts please.

I'd try to push for those TRD wheels man, they will definatly help with the main killer of that things looks (in my eyes at least). Enough persuasion and the Mrs will get tired o hearing about it and give in! :lol:

Supposedly they are buying back the pre-2001 models and replacing frames on the 2001-2004 or resealing them where applicable. I had seen some pre-2001 ones with new frames so it was a mistake on my part, I will admit. Good thing I'm shooting for a newer one! And a 2.7?! Gotta go for the 3.4L to get the real differential locker with the TRD package.. Plus... It's a 3.4. :D

And I apologize, Laxman, not trying to steal your thunder, just excited!

I've thought about posting my new truck but its a diesel F350...

Post it :)

A while back i posted a pic of my 328i i bought...yah there was plenty of hate :lol: :lol:

I will say...those Toyota trucks sure do look nice tho...And its a great color :agree:

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder