DNJ Engine Components

flnl

Looking for an engine rebuild kit at Rockauto for my 94, I've found two available, both from DNJ Engine Components. Also, some exhaust valve, intake valve, valve lifters and water pump from the same brand, at a reasonable price. Does anyone know if DNJ is a good brand that I can trust, or should I spend more in a better one?

Edited by flnl

Looking for an engine rebuild kit at Rockauto for my 94, I've found two available, both from DNJ Engine Components. Also, some exhaust valve, intake valve, valve lifters and water pump from the same brand, at a reasonable price. Does anyone know if DNJ is a good brand that I can trust, or should I spend more in a better one?

engine rebuild kit?jeez, what happened?

engine rebuild kit?jeez, what happened?

Broken crankshaft.

Should I say 'master rebuild kit' ? That is actually what says at Rockauto.

I'll need:

- engine gaskets

- main & connecting rod bearings

- pistons & rings

as well as (for peace of mind):

- oil pump

- t-belt

- water pump

and I'm thinking about:

- euro cams

- valve lifters

If your goeing that deep into it, you may want to possibly look into replacing the engine completly (a few options there, staying with a correct multiplex 3.0, 3.3 upgrade, etc). Or looking into building the frankenstein 3.4 (mr.510 just completed this iirc and might be able to help on that note). Whatever your choice though, more power to it! :beer:

Unfornately, it isn't that simple here in Brazil. It's not easy to find a VG30E engine, and they cost a lot of money compared to USA. And we cannot import used engines from Japan, as well, customs don't allow it.

When importing parts, taxes are applied to cost + freight, and local (state) taxes also, and at the end the price doubles. But sometime it is still good. An old WD21, say 1994 like mine, worth like US$ 10k.

The engine I'm rebuildind isn't the one from my Pathfinder, I just bought it. This one was running but I decided to rebuild it as everything was out yet. The original engine, which broke the crankshaft, was rebuilding at the end of last year, but it was kind of stolen (in fact, the mechanic who was rebuilding it made a mistake and now it is running in another WD21, so I began a lawsuit against the mechanic, the shop who was boring the block, the owner of the other WD21, and so on. A lot of annoyance.

wow... that sound's like a heavy situation to be in all over an old pathy!! hope it all works out for you.

Guess it will take an year to have the original engine back... and a lot more to solve it, like a compensation for all troubles

Just ordered euro specs cams from AC, and got an offer to buy the S1 from them, it's a temptation but I think at the end it will cost US$500 more (with new springs), maybe too much, and I don't know if it will give more torque at low rpms.