With sadness the 'Q is gone....

SnowKat

Hey Guys....

I'm really sad to say that the '4 is gone...

I wanted to post my eternal thanks to this motley crew in helping me maintain and upgrade the QX4.

It was traded in for what feels like 5 bux... but not without pulling most of the good bits.

I'll be posting the used performance bits in the parts section soon ... when I have some time to take some pics.

- summary - uprated TCM, K&N intake, Missing link, trailer wiring kit, P1140 sensor.... that's all I can think of right now....

You guys were an integral part in the my enjoyment of owning the QX4.

Thank you very much!

Markus

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear, but you gotta do what you gotta do... :shrug:

Thanks for joining and being part of the crew. ;)

Shipping may kill the deal, but I'm looking to fix up the wife's 1999 R50. I can't recall if the 2001 is still the VG33, but if it is I'd be interested in the intake and the missing link. I'll watch for the thread.

Best of luck in the future. :beer:

B

Well it's always hard to let go of a vehicle, it's always exciting to move onto bigger and better things! I'm interested in what you traded the Q in for? Also, what is an "uprated TCM". My '01 Pathy already has k&n, missing link, towing package...but I'm always interested in any other upgrades I can do to the rig.

Hey Guys,

Traded it for a Sentra... well a small fraction of the price of the Sentra....

My plan was to keep it till it died especially 'cause of all the stuff I wrestled on to it and since I could fix 'n maintain it blind folded....

But, on to new trucks and new bits and new headaches...

Yea, shipping is one of my concerns too .... but the stuff fits into one big box, how bad can it be?

The 'Q was a 2001.

The TCM is the Transmission Control Module .... Nissan changed the shift points / smoothness in 2003 I believe....

- made the 'Q search for gears less and got rid of the dreaded 'shift flair and jam into gear' especially noticeable when cold.

Thanks for the kind words.

Markus