Front lockers

GSeijo

So, the mechanic told me my front lockers needed to be replaced. Mine's a 93 Pathfinder SE, so has the original auto-locking hubs...what are the best pnes i can get for the less money :) thanks guys!

I think you mean Hubs, not Front Lockers. Lockers refer to locking the Differential portion of the front drivetrain. As for the Hubs, I think the general consensus is that WARN manual hubs are a strong choice, but there are other options out there. Mile Marker makes a set as well with an equally good reputation. I know there are other companies out there in other countries that make other Products as well.

Edited by Dowser
  • Like 1

If you have a junkyard around you, a lot of 80's + 90's nissan v6 pickups have factory manual hubs which are very nice as well. Count your spindle splines and make sure they match before you buy them though!

• 3 months later...

Do you guys have AVM hubs in the US if so are they any good. There isn't too many options for me as shipping from US is expensive but then again the hubs are $200?

I have not seen the AVM hubs, but they seem like a good product on the web.

The best budget units are the Mile Markers on sale at www.4wheelparts.com for about $90. If they will ship to you that might be considered also...

Yeah, good parts for these aren't always easily found for a good price. :shrug:

B

• 2 years later...

Like these? Link I havent checked my splines yet but is the front diff a R200A?

Sorry Leo, I don't know how I missed that. I know it is an old post, but...

If you have the 3.0L V6, yes the front diff should be the R200A, but it should be the 28 spline, 27 spline was for 90 and earlier here IIRC. Not too hard to count the splines though...

The 28 spline manual hub that fit on 4 door WD21s and R50s up to 1999 or 2001 (can't remember) is Mile Marker P/N 435.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrain-Differentials/Mile-Marker-Supreme-Manual-Hub.aspx?t_c=12&t_s=237&t_pt=6075&t_pn=MIL435

B